You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brush Size Preview (Affinity Photo for iPad)

• Staff

Hello Affinity Team,

Is there a way to preview the cursor/brush size while painting or brushing?

Thank you so much!

Hi PoloSpace,

There isn't at the moment.  The only preview is when you 1st set the size of the brush.  

I'll move this over to the Feature Requests Section as it may be something that can be added in the future.

Yup, this is a major problem, we totally need an update where we can see a live view of the brush circle when brushing, inpainting and all of that. Honestly, I love that I can finally do proper retouching and editing on the go but the brush cursor not being visible during painting is the only issue I see so far. It's a bit frustrating not being able to properly see to control the boundaries that you want to paint, heal, dodge, burn etc within, if you know what I mean. Please, please fix this. Warm regards and thanks for a fantastic app!!

I completely agree. Working at different zoom levels and on differently sized images, it's really hard to figure out how big my brush is going to be. This is particularly useful since I'm using Apple Pencil, and I can really clearly see the point I'm touching. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Maybe a way to solve this would be to have the option to hold down say three fingers one the screen, which would mean that when you touch the surface with the pencil it would only show a preview (as hoover is not something support on the iPad).

So anywhere press down for example three fingers and while you hold them the pencil will just show a preview brush size where it touches. Then release to paint work as normal.

Another one would be to have a preview button on some corner toolbar that would allow to be pressed to enable this in the same way as the three finger gesture (being able to configure this would be the best!)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think if there was a poll taken on most desirable new feature, this request would be at the top.:D

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• 1 month later...