brandbrilliance

PHOTO: Selection Anti-alias for Flood and Brush

I see that Circle, Square, etc. Marquee Selection Tools have anti-alias in the menu, but when you use Flood selection and brush selection, they don't. Any reason why? Normally anti-alias is the preferred way to select, but there is no way to "enable" this for these two selection modes. 

favicon-16.png BRANDbrilliance • Graphics • Websites • Printing • E-marketing

Would be nice if You finally add this feature to use Selection Brush Tool (W) with anti-alias option. I'm suprised that this option is not implemented in release 1.5 and beta versions.

Similar effect could be achieved using Select > Feather (1px) for example, but this is not so comfortable in use.

+1

btw: you could also add some kind of adjustment possibility for the selection (like feather, smoothing, radius, etc of the selection area)

I just found out, that if you use the flood selection and then select e.g. lasso selection tool, you can use the "refine" button to adjust the selection, but anti aliasing still doesn't work

Please please add this, I'm using it nearly everyday for cutting out stuff with the flood selection tool and not having anti alias there is really a big disadvantage. I mean  I'd pay for it to be implemented =)

An anti-aliased free-form pixel selection can be generated from a vector shape that is fitted to an aliased pixel selection, so I doubt we will have this until the "vector shape from selection" functionality has been implemented.