You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

So frustrating!!!!!!!!!!

Ever heard of K.I.S.S.  (Keep it simple stupid)?  

Seriously!!!!! I have been all over the manual, tutorials, this forum, google and youtube for the last 42 minutes trying to figure out how to add text to a photo??  That is so unbelievably pathetic I can not even comprehend how this is a situation for a paid photo editor??  42 minutes later I still don't know how to do it, but I do know I need to find the button called "frame text tool" or so I think??  

Are you kidding me???? this is why you need a forum, a complete video tutorial series, youtube channels and content creators explaining your product along with this not helpful forum because you made things so complicated I need to take a class to figure out 

A) where the button is located that adds text to a photo

B)all the options that I am sure will come with that button popup window

How did this happen?  Someone asked for a meeting or update on the development process and no one in that meeting thought all we need is a simple Add text icon when clicked blinking cursor appears on photo.  Give it a drag and drop freedom so people can put that "frame text tool" where ever they want.  

NO NO NO NO NO you went the "add text" treasure hunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So now I'm a frustrated paying customer thinking about reversing the credit card charge for this product because I can't figure out how to do something as simple as adding text to my godamn photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Leigh
Removed some words.

@IanSG This is not obvious enough I fear. My eyes keep rotating while reading the OP comment. What is wrong with some people? Ask your questions in a civilized manner. First time I use a new software I play with it, looking through the options to get a feeling about handling the application. If this is not self-explanatory I have a look at the (normally) in-built help section. Still want some more information I am looking for some extra resources like here. The question marks on my face won't go away, then I ask here in the always helpful forum sections.

I don't get it. O.o

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

13 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

I don't get it. O.o

They've probably had a very terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day and therefore decided to create a very terrible, horrible, no good, very bad forum post with an even worse completely undescriptive subject line to decrease their chances of getting help ... don't worry about it, it'll get better when we're all dead. :D

Asking in a better manner would probably have been better, asking the question before getting app rage would be better still but it takes all sorts to make a world and Ians post is succinct. For the most part I have both the Artistic text and the Text frame icons showing, saves having to click hold on something I use a lot, maybe this will pacify @J1GSAW 

So to customise the left side toolbar so you have what you want showing in a fashion that suits J1GSAW go to main menu at the top of the affinity app View > Customise Tools...

Screen-Shot-2019-10-31-at-10-16-37.png

PS. Welcome to the forum J1GSAW :D

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

10 minutes ago, dutchshader said:

Hope j1gsaw can puzzle it out now :$

Affinity-J1-GSAW.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

There have been previous reports of the bottom part of the Tools Panel not being visible due to the screen resolution(?) being too low.

Maybe the OP is experiencing that

The solution being to increase the screen resolution or use 2 columns for the Tools Panel

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Seriously. This post and all posts like it on forums just need to be removed. Why do normal, reasonably adjusted people need to be infuriated? We have Facebook for that.

Keep it simple stupid? It is already simple, which leads me to believe that stupid might even be a level of progression not yet reached.

I can't understand why this kind of post can be seen. I've got a warning point from moderators for much less than that... They just didn't like my answer to a **** like that J1GSAW.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Don't take it personal and don't make it personal, no good ever comes of that.

Having a joke can lighten the tone, especially if the OP comes back having calmed down and see's the funny side.

I've thrown the rattle out of the cot many-a-time and laughed at my drama queen behaviour afterwards, even thought about joining an amateur dramatics society to put my obviously latent talents to good use by stomping around on stage'eth. :D

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way – in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only"

I'm sure he'll see this forum as a go to place should he need any more help.

• Staff

@J1GSAW I’ve edited your post to remove some words. I understand that it can be frustrating when you’re trying to use a new app and you’re unable to find the tools you require, but when starting a new thread/post asking for help please keep it civil, polite and less angry :) We’re all here to try and help you! Please read @IanSG post above because he has answered your question.

@AlainP if you have an issue with a thread/post, please use the Report Post button instead of making it personal.

This thread has been answered, so I’ve decided to close it.

Thank you!