Affinity is a Superb and Affordable program which I use all the time. I'm grateful that it exists and I recommend it to everyone.

Whenever I choose Save As or even more important File Export Save As, I end up in my Windows Default Save location (Drive and Folder), which I never want, so I end up wasting a lot of time browsing to the correct folder. Almost always this is the location from which the file was loaded. I looked but I was not able to find any way to set this in the Preferences.

It would be extremely useful to allow the user to be able to enable such a feature:  Save As and Export Save As to use the Source Folder of the File.

Thanks,

Dan

I agree also but export is the main problem (groping for the home folder). When I save in the proprietary format it automatically returns to the home folder.

Don

The most important idea is to allow the USER to set this as her/his preference. That way everyone would be happy to be allowed to work the way they want, without the frustration of wasting time browsing to set the desired output folder.

I asked for this when Photo first came out on Windows. It is enormously disappointing that it is still not there, it must be simple enough surely? The amount of time I waste chasing up and down folder trees, starting a C: every time :-(