I opened a Designer file in Publisher. It is about 34 pages long. When I go to print or export it tells me there is text that has overflowed and is not visible. I have gone through each text block but cannot seem to find any hidden text. Is there a way to search or find the hidden text? Could this be a glitch because it was converted from Designer?

Macbook Pro 13 (Mid 2010) - Web Designer

3 hours ago, Husbandman said:

I opened a Designer file in Publisher. It is about 34 pages long. When I go to print or export it tells me there is text that has overflowed and is not visible. I have gone through each text block but cannot seem to find any hidden text. Is there a way to search or find the hidden text? Could this be a glitch because it was converted from Designer?

From the menus, enable View > Show Text Flow which will display a box around each text frame, and show their linking. If any frame that is not currently selected has overflowing text the two link characters will be red dots. You can just page through your file looking for the red dots in the boxes around the text frames.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

Been having the same problem. Merely 14 pages - checked every textframe individually about 4 or 5 times now and cant find it. Any idea?

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 4,2 GHz Intel Core i7, 64 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB, ROG PG348Q

13 minutes ago, farbenfeuer said:

Been having the same problem. Merely 14 pages - checked every textframe individually about 4 or 5 times now and cant find it. Any idea?

Do you have View > Show Text Flow enabled? Have you tried zooming out so multiple pages are visible, which emphasizes the red dots that show overflow?

Have you looked on the Master Page(s)?

Have you checked for Text Frames that are not located on a document or Master Page, but are on the pasteboard instead?

If you have checked all that, and still not found it, can you share your .afpub document?

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

Do you have View > Show Text Flow enabled? 

yea

Have you tried zooming out so multiple pages are visible, which emphasizes the red dots that show overflow?

yep - nothing.

I dont notice anything in particular?

21 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Have you checked for Text Frames that are not located on a document or Master Page, but are on the pasteboard instead?

What do you mean by pasteboard?

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 4,2 GHz Intel Core i7, 64 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB, ROG PG348Q

Do you have View > Show Text Flow enabled? 

yea

Have you tried zooming out so multiple pages are visible, which emphasizes the red dots that show overflow?

yep - nothing.

I dont notice anything in particular?

21 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Oh and btw: i also noticed that when i double click text edge to make the frame snap back to its actual size, the text frame is then marked with the said text overflow indicators. So thats kinda curious too.

1 hour ago, farbenfeuer said:

Oh and btw: i also noticed that when i double click text edge to make the frame snap back to its actual size, the text frame is then marked with the said text overflow indicators. So thats kinda curious too.

The pasteboard is the workspace area outside the document or master page.

Yes, that snapping and subsequent overflow is curious. I recall seeing that early in the Publisher public beta, but I haven't noticed it since then.

Can you share your .afpub document so we can look at it and help with your problem?

-- Walt