When copying data into tables from other applications such as PP, word or excel, all the data is placed into one cell rather than being distributed between cells as in the original.

All other applications I use are able to place the data appropriately.  Is this a 'feature' or am I doing something wrong?

Hopefully it will be remedied.

R

Select more than one cell, then paste.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.6.1 | Affinity Photo 1.6.7 | Affinity Publisher beta 1.7.0.337 | Affinity Photo beta 1.7.0.127 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.0.12

I can conform that copying data (comma separated or tab separated) does not work on the macOS version. I tried all hints that I could find in the forum (select several cells etc.) - no luck. I would expect this to be fixed for the release version, it is such a basic feature. How it works in QuarkXPress: copy anything from the clipboard that looks like structured data (lines of comma/tab separated text fields) anywhere on the page and Quark will create a generic table with no styling, just thin table/cell borders and text in a default font - and that's perfectly fine.

On 13 October 2018 at 11:31 AM, peja said:

I can conform that copying data (comma separated or tab separated) does not work on the macOS version. I tried all hints that I could find in the forum (select several cells etc.) - no luck. I would expect this to be fixed for the release version, it is such a basic feature. How it works in QuarkXPress: copy anything from the clipboard that looks like structured data (lines of comma/tab separated text fields) anywhere on the page and Quark will create a generic table with no styling, just thin table/cell borders and text in a default font - and that's perfectly fine.

For now you can open your comma or tab separated file in Excel, copy the cells and paste into a Publisher Table.

Just remember to select at least 2 cells in Publisher before doing the paste

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

Have tried copy and paste from PP table and highlighted more than one cell in AP but data still copied to one cell.

I have also tried it from excel and that works fine.

PP produces a tab delimited output when data is copied from a table, please can AP be set up to recognise tab as well as comma delimited data?

R

On 10/15/2018 at 12:45 PM, riball said:

Have tried copy and paste from PP table and highlighted more than one cell in AP but data still copied to one cell.

I have also tried it from excel and that works fine.

PP produces a tab delimited output when data is copied from a table, please can AP be set up to recognise tab as well as comma delimited data?

R

This.

I've been struggling with copy and pasting from a Google Spreadsheet. Now that I have 50+ cells to pull from, the individual copy & paste wasn't going to cut it, so I dug around on the forums. I found that downloading the Google Spreadsheet as an XLSX file, then opening it in Libre Office (because that's what I have) and then copy & pasting from there seems to stop the aggravating "all in one cell" issue I was having with Google Spreadsheet. Though this was never a problem in ID, so I'm guessing it's an issue on the AP side?