jackamus

Layer order (reverse, reverse inside groups etc)

Yes, you can say so. Z order is used to define the order in a Z axis (depth). Translating to Affinity Layer's panel it can be used to define the order of the layers in the layer's stack. Although it would not be my first choice when talking about layers in Affinity it does make sense when talking about CSS code for example (z-index property).

Has this been made into a feature request, I would certainly second the ability to reverse the layer order, both for 'all' layers in a document and layers within groups independently, so that only the layers within the group are re-ordered, I seem to spend a lot of time doing this manually at the moment.

What would be great in addition is perhaps a preference that allows new layers to be added below, rather than above the current layer or something similar so people can select which they prefer.

Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Designer 1.7.3, Affinity Publisher 1.7.3

MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Hello Everyone,

I don't know if anyone already know this yet but I'll share it anyway. I'm using Affinity Designer 1.7

1. Select everything you want to reverse the order

2. Cut it (Ctrl + X)

3. Enable "Insert behind the selection" or go to LAYER > INSERTION > BEHIND

4. Paste it

You can see that the order of the objects are now reversed. :D

On 9/7/2018 at 7:56 AM, mad99 said:

+1
Many times or most of the time the order is twisted. Would be great to get some easy button or some command/script like in GIMP:
https://docs.gimp.org/2.9/en/script-fu-reverse-layers.html.

To do it manually is a pain and very error-prone with lots of layers.

I have just tried this link but it doesn't work. Do you have another?

Mac OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6

AD version 1.6.0

Hey jackamus,
This was only for feature-request.

I tried the hint from @lalcimo and in Designer it works fine.
So you don't have to have the expertise ;o) (Maybe dev's from Affinity will have the missing expertise for in future: Maybe Affinity will insert a button for/or a simple other 1-Click solution. )
-> Only select and insert: Then the Layers are inverted below the current layer.

Even a simple cmd click/ctrl click a.k.a other similar software to allow a new layer to be created below the currently selected layer would be a good start.

Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Designer 1.7.3, Affinity Publisher 1.7.3

MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Mojave 10.14.6