You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Oh Kasper! You jester, you!

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

These are not my own words but I sure like this quote.

I like it :)

Someone else is fighting back, too. Here's an article about an artist who lets users upload prompts to his site, and then he illustrates them: https://www.fastcompany.com/91014929/this-new-image-generator-is-like-midjourney-except-a-human-illustrates-your-prompts

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

14 hours ago, Kasper-V said:

... We're all getting browned off with Artificial Intelligence stealing copyright works. ...

I asked Bing Chat Ai about copyright issues in artwork that it generates some time ago and the reply was that the system learns the style of an artist from licensed databases and that the pictures generated are originals generated using the style information.

I have had a quick look to find the response but I have not found it at this time, I saved it in a WordPad file. I do not know if I posted the response in one of the threads about AI in Alfred's forum.

https://punster.me/serif/viewforum.php?id=11

I have prompted Bing Chat AI to produce a number of original paintings.

I am amazed at what has been produced. Yet Bing Chat AI usually offers four pictures, sometimes fewer, and some of them are indeed muddled in some way, yet some of them are, in my opinion, truly beautiful.

I have framed prints of a few of them.

Though, in fairness, I am not an expert in art appreciation.

Alas, work produced using Affinity Designer that starts with using an AI generated image is not allowed in this forum, but anyone interested may like this link.

https://punster.me/serif/viewtopic.php?pid=4141#p4141

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

4 hours ago, William Overington said:

I asked Bing Chat Ai about copyright issues in artwork that it generates some time ago and the reply was that the system learns the style of an artist from licensed databases and that the pictures generated are originals generated using the style information.

I have had a quick look to find the response but I have not found it at this time, I saved it in a WordPad file. I do not know if I posted the response in one of the threads about AI in Alfred's forum.

A search for a key phrase such as licensed databases should find what you posted. sorcerer.gif

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

4 hours ago, William Overington said:

I asked Bing Chat Ai about copyright issues in artwork ...

Which, of course, like everything generated by AI, is accurate and completely reliable! 😁

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

31 minutes ago, PaulEC said:

Which, of course, like everything generated by AI, is accurate and completely reliable! 😁

But it is not.

I have found that Bing  Chat Ai is very good for some things, but cannot be relied upon to always be correct.

I find that it is necessary for me to look at the result provided and decide whether it is correct.

Yet Bing Chat AI can provide useful ideas of where to look.

The art is of variable quality. Some paintings seem excellent to me, yet some get in a muddle, for example, sometimes an okapi has been depicted with horns somewhere between a gazelle and an ibex, which is not correct.

But, yes, I did rely on what Bing Chat AI told me about copyright and its claim that the paintings are originals. So I need to try to check those claims in some way.

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

52 minutes ago, PaulEC said:

7 minutes ago, William Overington said:

But it is not.

I have found that Bing  Chat Ai is very good for some things, but cannot be relied upon to

You seem to have either conveniently ignored, or failed to understand the implications of, the emoticon that @PaulEC included in his post!!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Possibly.

Please note, replying "Possibly" is an attempt at humour. Alfred knows to what I refer, namely a character in one of my novels who says "Possibly" when she is avoiding saying "Yes".

Like it. 🤣 Funnily enough I just posted something on the forums but was really torn, whether to or not, for this very reason. It does worry me that anything posted on this site becomes part of a repository for people who can't be bothered to put the effort in and have no qualms about stealing someone else's work.

4 hours ago, Ash Eldritch said:

It does worry me that anything posted on this site becomes part of a repository for people who can't be bothered to put the effort in and have no qualms about stealing someone else's work

In your other post you seemed concerned about AI corporations using your work to train their AIs. The way you phrased it here seems more like a concern about individuals. If you have any particular license in mind, you could express it with your post. There's at least a good chance that humans would respect it, even if AIs probably wouldn't.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1