You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Migrate your release version content to beta

15 hours ago, Tom Lachecki said:

We currently have no plans to implement it in reverse - this would be problematic in many cases. But I appreciate it would be useful!

Wouldn't it be possible to do the reverse once the beta version becomes a release version? By then, it should have more feature parity than just backporting from Beta to the last release.

For me, that would be the most important case, knowing that I might have set things up for these new features in particular.

2 hours ago, HarryMcGovern said:

But not in iPad 

Correct, as (I think) sandboxing in iPadOS would prevent it from working there. And the restriction to Windows and macOS is noted at the beginning of this topic: 

On 3/16/2023 at 10:56 AM, Ash said:

Apps: All
Platforms: Windows and macOS

For it to work on iPadOS, I think it would need to be an Export function from the retail release, into a folder/file specified by the user. And then an Import from the Beta where the user specifies the folder/file they Exported to earlier.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

24 minutes ago, spiderpod7d said:

Hi Again

There is still a problem with the tool bar not aligning with the top of the panels and it also moves down by itself every time AP V2 is opened. This was also to the case in 2.0.4

That doesn't sound like a beta problem, and should be posted on the regular Bugs forum.

Also, if it were a Beta problem, it doesn't sound related to this feature topic about migrating content, and would be better posted in the Other Beta Issues forum.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

32 minutes ago, spiderpod7d said:

Hi Walt. It isn't just in Beta but also in release version which I reported to them team before Christmas.

Which is why I suggested it doesn't belong here :)

-- Walt
PC:

I noticed that the two things I typically spend the most time on customising (Tools and Toolbar) are overwritten with something that's certainly not what I have in my GA version and also isn't the application's default.

Well, that's then a nice exercise for the Sunday afternoon. 😞

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

• Staff
On 3/18/2023 at 10:13 PM, spiderpod7d said:

Back Again

I had to Also copy the from the release version 2.04 the ~user/library/group container/user folder from the release V2 folder to the V2 Beta folder to get my lens processing presets

Are you referring to custom XML Lens Profiles?

Hi Tom

Yes I am. But the V2 release and the V2 Beta looks for them in the Develop propcol file found in ~username/library/group container/V2/user folder. They are not visible by either application even of present in the ~username/library/application support/Affinity Photo 2 Beta/ lens profiles folder.

14 minutes ago, spiderpod7d said:

Yes I am. But the V2 release and the V2 Beta looks for them in the Develop propcol file found in ~username/library/group container/V2/user folder.

Tom was asking about the XML lens calibration info that you can manually add. That's different from the Develop presets you just pointed to.

-- Walt
PC:

I'm not sure if it did move all my settings correctly, but like was said before, Windows did have a small change to where our information is stored so I'd more likely put it to that. It also probably does not help I have both MSIX and MSI installed (release versions), so that could also be confusing things.

The main thing I noticed missing were my presets in the New File dialogue.

I know this feature is only to help us public beta testers duplicate our settings for a better "real world test"... (*)

...but just to be picky 😉:

Should it not also copy the toolbar arrangement and customized tool box?

(*) I also ask, because it would be great if you some day could save these settings externally as a backup in case of a computer crash or just to sync settings between two workstations.

• Main machine: iMac 2019 (21,5-inch 4k, 6core), 64GB RAM, 1TB nvme + 2TB ssd, running on Mac OS 13;
  • Display setup: 28" 5k Display (primary) + 21,5" iMac4k-Display for studio panels (secondary);
  • Keyboard layout: german apple extended keyboard (aluminium);

Shortcuts still don't carry over to Designer 2 Beta. I stops me from using Beta. I have some custom shortcuts and I really don't want to set them from beginning again.  EDIT: I've found out I can save and load shortcuts manually.

Shortcuts Panel need some improvement like search option and support for keys like Shift, Ctrl etc. for tools shortcuts.

Edited by Radosław