You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PERMANENTLY Reset bounding box

PLEASE enable a PERMANENT way to reset an object’s bounding box without workarounds! 

I posted about this in 2015 and it’s still an unresolved issue, with users asking about this in the OP. Is there anyway to make this permanent, ie, baked into the object? it’s really a hindrance to constantly work around BASIC functionality… PLEASE!

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/138-21-new-features-and-improvements/

Thanks for your consideration !

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

4 hours ago, Chris B said:

I agree 100% so I've updated the request as it hadn't been nudged for a while - thanks!

Thanks @Chris B!

I don’t imagine it being too difficult to implement as pressing the . key already temporary enables the functionality...

There are lots of these “low hanging fruit” across the suite of apps waiting to be picked. These small inconveniences in workflow can brew into a muddy bog, obstructing creative progress and workflow efficiency. IMO they warrant a comprehensive “harvest” more than ANY new features.

Thanks for all the great work you do; Affinity 2.0 is amazing and only getting better!

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

• 6 months later...

@Chris BIs there any more news on this, please?

Even the boolean workarounds don't work for me. Add and intersect just keep the original rotated bounding box. This means the create artboard from selection is far too big as it's using the bounding box diagonals.

Maybe it could be an option called flatten transforms.

Highly recommended open source screen capture software (useful for bug reports).

CrPzyCp.jpg

https://getsharex.com/

I wish v2.3 doesn’t attempt any new major features and just knocks out the numerous persistent bugs and UI issues, and implements BASIC missing functionality, like this. Let’s get this into 2.3, it’s only been 7 years! 🫠

19 hours ago, Chris B said:

@matt.baker Unfortunately I have no news. I have updated the report to reflect that this was not implemented yet in 2.2. 

22 hours ago, ronnyb said:

I wish v2.3 doesn’t attempt any new major features and just knocks out the numerous persistent bugs and UI issues

And for those of us not experiencing any major bugs or UI issues, we still need those new features that we are waiting for and that will increase our creativity/productivity when using the apps.

So, my vote is for new features and bug fixes in 2.3 (as in previous releases)

and yes, I know, I don't actually get a vote in the real world, but if I did....

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

21 hours ago, carl123 said:

And for those of us not experiencing any major bugs or So, my vote is for new features and bug fixes in 2.3 (as in previous releases)

🙄 

• 3 months later...
23 minutes ago, Ash said:

Hi @ronnyb

We've now added this ability in the latest 2.4 beta which is available now...

Wonderful news Ash! I'm just downloading all betas for iPad and macOS, looking forwards to 2.4 test cycle! Thanks for the mention, I always appreciate seeing requests being taken into account and showing up! 🙏