You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo 2 Customer Beta 2.0.3.1670 (Windows) (Please use the later 2.0.3 release instead)

• Staff

Purpose: Fixes and Updates

Requirements: Licensed Affinity Photo 2 (registered to an Affinity ID account)

Windows Store: Not Submitted

Download: MSIX Download

Auto-update: Not Available

---

We are pleased to announce that the first Affinity Photo 2 Customer Beta 2.0.3.1670 is now available as a download from the link above.

Please note: We are working on an equivalent MSI/EXE installer to ALSO be available before the time this 2.0.3.x beta cycle finishes, and becomes a public release.

This beta is an update to the 2.0.0 version recently released to all customers and will form the basis of our first patch for 2.0.0. We recommend that you use this beta in preference to the release version if you are affected by any of the issues listed below.

If this is your first time using a customer beta of an Affinity app, it’s worth noting that the beta will install as a separate app - alongside your store version. They will not interfere with each other at all and you can continue to use the store version for critical work without worry.

---

• New Document: Custom Document Preset order is not retained between app sessions
  • Placed documents with bleed fail to render the top and left side correctly
  • Quotes can be incorrectly put on newlines and cause text to render differently compared to V1
  • Can't place image when recording a macro in Photo V2
  • V2 opens raw files slower than V1
  • Running a V1 Macro that uses 'Add Image' (Place) crashes app - also applies to Batch Processing
  • Importing .JPG and .TIFF files with Keywords only displays the last keyword in the Metadata panel
  • Straightening in the Develop Persona offsets the image from the canvas entirely, until developed or crashes
  • Exclusion blend mode causing unexpected results on 16bit file layers with blown highlights
  • Transform Panel- Differences in panel size when switching between Curve strokes and expanded objects
  • Tone Mapping Preset options missing.
  • Blemish Tool failing after developing image.
  • Develop Persona 'Sync Before' no longer functions
  • Lens Correction Mis-Centered for Portrait Orientation Raw Files
  • Nikon NIKKOR Z 24-120mm f/4 S not identified
  • Phase One IIQ files are being rendered all black
  • Mesh Warp doesn't work with multiple Outline FX.
  • Cmd+Z / Ctrl+Z isn't working in V2 apps for adjustments
  • Incorrect AF region display for Canon PowerShot G1X Mark III
  • White Balance Tool giving different results for Infrared processing.
  • Outline Layer Effect is making the anti-aliased edges transparent, rather than blending with the shapes colour
  • Crop Tool displays checkerboard when rotating image in Develop Persona.
  • The Patch Tool doesn't work with Global Sources & 'Set Global Source' remains greyed out
  • Unable to Undo crop after pressing Enter key in Develop Persona.
  • Blemish Tool lag in Develop Persona
  • Quick Access to Node Tool no longer allows you to insert node (Windows) 
  • Fixed spurious "future version" error under certain circumstances
  • Improvements with PDF Import and Layers
  • Fixes for RTF import - font name discrepancies, fields in footnotes
  • Update for HEIF importer
  • DWG Import scaling improvements
  • Export Panel UI fixes
  • Fixed some tool drawing issues relating to selections across spreads etc
  • Pen tool tweaks and fixes
  • Fixed hang that could occur composing vertical centre aligned text
  • OpenType handling does not respect lookup flags such as IgnoreMarks
  • Hit box of scaled text could be incorrect
  • Gradients on text strokes don't render unless the fill also has a gradient
  • Fixes for line breaking in some odd cases with punctuation
  • Resource Manager updates
  • Light UI Improvements
  • Many and various Layers Panel updates and fixes
  • Clipboard: 32 bit DIB support added
  • Auto Flow Place: Added an option to auto-flow place to replace the content of already populated picture frames
  • More attributes are retained when replacing images in frames
  • Ensure global colour edits update live
  • Select Same Name should only select objects with user supplied names
  • New clearer icons for stroke properties (cap, join, align)
  • Localisation updates

---

To be notified about all future Windows beta updates, please follow this notification thread 

To be notified when this Photo update comes out of beta and is fully released to all Photo customers, please follow this release announcement thread

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

7 hours ago, Frozen Death Knight said:

I am not seeing any changes in the Export pop-up window when accessing it. Are you referring to the Export Persona instead perhaps?

I don't have perfect vision, in fact in old age is way worse, but I'm not seeing anything different. I opened V2 and V2 Beta up at the same time, and compared the Export Persona. I don't know what I'm missing here. I also compared the File>Export dialogs.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

8 hours ago, Frozen Death Knight said:

I am not seeing any changes in the Export pop-up window when accessing it. Are you referring to the Export Persona instead perhaps?

They've fixed this Export Persona bug:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/search/&tags=AFD-6226

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

13 minutes ago, Frozen Death Knight said:

Okay, but the notes says "fixes", implying multiple changes. That's just one change.

True, but it is a visible one you can verify :) (as opposed to "no changes").

Serif generally haven't provided specific lists of bug numbers, though I've noticed them posting to the topics that generated the tracking tags to indicate when something is fixed. If they continue doing that it will provide a good way for users who have experienced those problems to know.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.