Hi

I have a simple form that I'm creating consisting of vertical and horizontal lines and some text. I locked some of the background lines so I could work on the ones that are in the foreground but can't seem to unlock them. 

I have no idea what I have done. I'm a pretty new user of Affinity Designer so my I'll apologise in advance if this is something stupidly simple.

The document has been included as an attachment.

Cheers

Peter

Time management.afdesign

Hi Peter,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

To unlock them you can either click on the padlock icon on each layer in the Layers panel to unlock one at a time or select the first locked layer and then the last one pressing ⇧ (shift) (like in Finder) to select them all, then press the padlock icon on the top of the Layers panel.

Hi MEB

Thanks for the response. My main problem seemed to be that I couldn't find the layers panel. I stumbled upon it after moving the swatches panel. Now I can't find the swatches panel. How do I turn panels on and off?

Peter

Hey MEB, what if I have something locked but I can't find it in the layers panel to unlock it because it's locked and I can't right click on it? Should users always have to go to the layers panel to unlock something. There is an unlock key short but it only works if I have the element selected in the layers panel... if I am going to go to the layers panel to select the element I will just unlock it there

There currently is an "ungroup all" ability, why no "unlock all" ability? I really miss this. Or am I not seeing something?

Edit: it appears that ungroup all actually only ungroups all groups within a group, not all instances of all groups. Hmm.

Thanks MEB! Sorry, I'm just seeing your response now, any progress?

I am working on a large complex designer piece right now and a right click menu structure to hide, unhide all, hide everything but the selected element/object, and /or lock, unlock all, lock everything but the selected element/object is really going to the top of my wish list of "gotta haves"...  :-)

I like to work as "ui free" as possible, going to the layers panel to do these things is taking me out of the flow. I'm probably not the only one, I'm guessing...

Hey MEB, I just came across this thread and was wondering if there was any end of year updates that you could give us with regards to this issue. I totally agree with retrograde with regards to the inability to unlock on the fly etc, it's really killing my productivity. Having to trundle about the layers panel searching for specific artwork to unlock is a bit of a nightmare. It's one of the ONLY thing that makes me yearn for Illustrator, and nobody wants that!

Thanks.