fotojindra

Masks do not work! URGENT - HIGHEST PRIORITY

18 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Screenshots are nice, but an actual .afphoto file is usually better :)

There is already afphoto, demonstrating the issue. Clearly a bug, behaviour of groups with masks and adjustments without pixel layer drastically changed, comparing to 1.7.1

23 hours ago, Wosven said:

Sometimes it's easier to provide a sample file to help understand, when screenshots don't help. We're not pro or anti, we just want to help, and it's not always easy :)

I made a test file. I opened it in version 1.7.1 and 1.7.2 and as you can see, the result is different. I share a link to the file. Is this a bug? Is it the new way of interpreting masks?

LINK

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zj9dKxKma_02xeRkDW_0vN36iqeNON-m/view?usp=sharing

172.thumb.JPG.257627536dde4339a087811e102e3bef.JPG171.thumb.JPG.ea6db386e815303294f192486ea8c4a2.JPG

I am also experiencing this bug since updating from 1.7.1 to 1.7.2

For the configuration in my screenshot;

Old (1.7.1):

Lens filter and Exposure adjustments are applied to all layers below the group where the mask is white

New (1.7.2):

Black section of the mask clips all layers below the group. Lens Filter and Exposure adjustments are still applied to the remainder of the image

affinity 1.7.1.404.PNG

Can confirm, this happens even when there are no adjustment layers present, mask is behaving like a general mask.
image.thumb.png.ae33ca0c2ab50b21e0e22c01ad7b405f.png

Also, if you create some adjustment layers, then group them, then mask the group, then create some positive zones in the mask; you will get the behaviour mentioned above. But if you create a pixel layer (even an empty one) and put it at the bottom of the adjustments group; the adjustments will stop working. Here is a video demonstrating it.

I completely agree that there must be a bug concerning the masking of groups of adjustments. I have just noticed it too, not only on my PC, but also on my iPad. The mask which should normally apply to the group of adjustments actually applies to pixel layers below. :-(

Just checked 1.7.2 update on MacOS - this bug also here... :( 

Looks like (for me) latest fixes for rendering filters inside groups was overdone in some directions... And crushed old behaviour. But proper rendering of filters inside groups very important thing too, so hoping both functionalities - masks on groups without pixel data and proper rendering of grouped filters - will be preserved.

Anyway, i can imagine inner complexity of AP... Definitely not an easy task to keep all working at the same time. But that`s what make AP so useful.
Keep up good work! will wait for fixed beta for now :)

Hey guys, is this bug already solved? I can't find any answer to that and I don't want to instal new version only to downgrade again. Thing is that everytime I open AF there is an updater that pops up to remind me to update to 1.7.2 but I can't do it unless this is solved.

19 minutes ago, Chris B said:

If you need the fix desperately, grab the Windows beta from here. Some other useful fixes are also available such as .abr import. 

Thank you but I am good with 1.7.1 yet. I was just curious if it were safe to upgrade.

All good, I got info and I'll wait a bit, its not a problem.