Zaxx81

UI/UX Design and Prototyping Features

Any plans to incorporate some Adobe XD, Sketch, or Figma like features to link animations or states between artboards (which would include a preview to go through the UI/UX)?

Wish they would as well. I prefer to stick all in with the Affinity ecosystem. I also wish that they created the css properties of elements like in PS and AI, but I think I read somewhere they would never do that. Hopefully they offer some sort of prototyping click through a atleast.

Animation and UX features is a popular request, and the best suggestion i saw in the forums, was to add an "Animation Persona" in A Designer.

Will be great :) 

2 hours ago, Glicky said:

Animation and UX features is a popular request, and the best suggestion i saw in the forums, was to add an "Animation Persona" in A Designer.

Will be great :) 

I do not understand this. What is the relation between UI design and animation?

Best regards,
d.

Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.2.464)   |   Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.2.464)   |   Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.2.458)
Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.7   |   Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.8.77

Windows 10 (1809) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Just now, dominik said:

I do not understand this. What is the relation between UI design and animation?

Best regards,
d.

UI design can and should account for Micro interactions. These are typically short animations. Thats one reason. The other is for prototyping a layout. Being able to show what your intent is when someone clicks a button.

-Jim

Maybe for version 2.x, as some of this has been talked about by Matt Priestly, Lead Developer for Designer.

Best regards!

You'll never know what you can do until you get it up as high as you can go!   

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: Hot to do High Quality Art :: Mesh Warp / Distort Tool Considerations

16 minutes ago, 3DJ said:

UI design can and should account for Micro interactions. These are typically short animations. Thats one reason. The other is for prototyping a layout. Being able to show what your intent is when someone clicks a button.

Hi @3DJ,

thank you for your explanation. I now have an idea what the relation between UI design and animation is (I myself come more from the static layout side of things :) ). I'm not sure if this is part of Serif's plans. Only time will tell. I'll follow this discussion.

d.

Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.2.464)   |   Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.2.464)   |   Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.2.458)

Windows 10 (1809) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

10 minutes ago, dominik said:

Hi @3DJ,

thank you for your explanation. I now have an idea what the relation between UI design and animation is (I myself come more from the static layout side of things :) ). I'm not sure if this is part of Serif's plans. Only time will tell. I'll follow this discussion.

d.

Hi @dominik I’ll be interested in what they do. I had hopes that maybe one day they would make an After Effects competitor but I think thats some heavy lifting for anyone to match, but if anyone can Affinity can! I still use affinity Designer on iPad to make my svg’s  and they export perfectly to a great app called Keyshape App on Mac that I can then animate with css for web and other apps. Its a great workflow.

3 minutes ago, 3DJ said:

I had hopes that maybe one day they would make an After Effects competitor but I think thats some heavy lifting for anyone to match, but if anyone can Affinity can! 

I think this is a far call. I see your enthusiasm, so why not dream :)

d.