You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Product Key

I D/L Affinity Photo from this forum and got it opened  once. Now when I try to open I get a message I need a product key  to participate in the  beta program. I do have a working purchest Affinity photo on my PC  version 1.6.5.  123

Why?

How recently did you download the beta version, and what version did you download?

If it was awhile ago,  it's possible that the beta version you downloaded has expired, and is simply giving you an incorrect message. I would probably download a fresh copy and install it. The current Photo beta can be downloaded from a post pinned near the top of this forum, and is currently 1.7.0.188 for Windows.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Is your purchased version installed to the default location? If you installed it to a custom location, or if you’re trying to install the beta version to a custom location, the installer for the beta version may not be able to find the product key.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

19 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

If you installed it to a custom location,

That shouldn't be a problem on Windows, in my experience, with an Affinity product purchased directly from the Serif Store.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

1 minute ago, walt.farrell said:

That shouldn't be a problem on Windows, in my experience,

I wouldn’t expect it to be a problem, which is why I wrote “may not be able” just in case I’d overlooked something! As far as I’m aware, the product key is stored in the ‘Local Machine’ hive of the Windows registry, so any installer should be able to find it.

with an Affinity product purchased directly from the Serif Store.

An Affinity product purchased from the Microsoft Store doesn’t have a product key, of course, so maybe the problem is related to that.

Alfred spacer.png

4 hours ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

An Affinity product purchased from the Microsoft Store doesn’t have a product key, of course, so maybe the problem is related to that.

I don't have Affinity Photo through the MS Store but there is no problem with the Designer Beta and running it with only the MS Store version.

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

24 minutes ago, AiDon said:

I don't have Affinity Photo through the MS Store but there is no problem with the Designer Beta and running it with only the MS Store version.

Thanks for that. I remember it originally wasn’t possible for users of the Microsoft Store versions to run the betas, but I knew they had subsequently sorted things out. I just wondered whether something might have got messed up with the latest versions.

Alfred spacer.png

The Affinity Photo beta was D/L today I D/L from this site this beta version has the new super graphic on the opening screen  for AP so it is the correct beta version?  My purchased Affinity Photo is version  1.6.5.123

The beta has not over written the purchased version.   Both running side by side. The Affinity beta Photo file has not appeared in my Affinity libery where the rest of my  Affinity files live beta and purchased .

Both version are installed the there default locations.  

Thank you all for your help 

affinnity photo.PNG

1 hour ago, Rubyjim said:

The Affinity beta Photo file has not appeared in my Affinity libery where the rest of my  Affinity files live beta and purchased .

The beta versions will not appear in your Affinity account.

Are you still having problems with the beta wanting to know your Photo product key? If so, can you show us a screenshot of that request?

-- Walt
PC:

Just retrieve the Affinity Photo Product Key from your account and enter that along with the email.

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

20 hours ago, Rubyjim said:

I D/L Affinity Photo from this forum and got it opened  once. Now when I try to open I get a massage I need a product key  to participate in the  beta program. I do have a working purchest Affinity photo on my PC  version 1.6.5.  123

Why?

Hi.

I remember encountering exactly this situation with a much earlier beta (and I can't remember whether it was Photo or Designer).  I did post here at the time (of course, I can't now find the thread, despite searching through my subscribed threads) but I'm pretty sure @Mark Ingram's advice was to completely uninstall the beta, reboot the computer and then try to reinstall.  I did, and I've never seen the problem reappear in any subsequent beta of any of the apps.

Also, to confirm that having any of the Affinity apps in any "non-default" installation directory - all mine are on a dedicated "Programs" drive, D:\ - does not prevent the betas installing and running properly.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

6 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi Rubyjim,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
If you go to the Control Panel (search for Control Panel in the Windows Start button search field) then click the Uninstall a program link from the Programs section, do you have Affinity Photo listed there on top?

I sent screen shot 

affinity product key 02.PNG

2 minutes ago, MEB said:

Where have you bought the Affinity Photo app? From the Microsoft Store (which seems to be the case) or from the Affinity Store?

I bought all my Affinity programs from Affinity Store only. D/L all Affinity Programs from Affinity Store . Have never bought anything or D/L from Microsoft. 

• Staff

Thanks Rubyjim. In that case just fill in the e-mail and product key you have in the Beta (you can login in the Affinity Store to check them) and Affinity shouldn't ask for them from now on.

I believe the Beta asks for the se credentials once but will have to confirm this with the development. 

12 minutes ago, MEB said:

Thanks Rubyjim. In that case just fill in the e-mail and product key you have in the Beta (you can login in the Affinity Store to check them) and Affinity shouldn't ask for them from now on.

I believe the Beta asks for the se credentials once but will have to confirm this with the development. 

AN43K3H8HB
Wow wants me to pay £49.99 

1 hour ago, Rubyjim said:
AN43K3H8HB
Wow wants me to pay £49.99 

The beta version is free, but it’s only available to existing customers. If you need a fresh download of the retail version, you shouldn’t be asked to pay for it unless you’ve supplied a different email address when logging in to the Affinity Store.

Alfred spacer.png

45 minutes ago, Rubyjim said:

You are correct but I have D/L the latest version of photo beta  and I have the latest version of AP on my PC but the beta is asking for email address and Product key?

6 hours ago, MEB said:

In that case just fill in the e-mail and product key you have in the Beta (you can login in the Affinity Store to check them) and Affinity shouldn't ask for them from now on.

Alfred spacer.png

On 12/8/2018 at 12:04 AM, αℓƒяє∂ said:

The keys do not fit the lock of the latest Affinity beta D/L  no problem with product keys with the previous editions. I love Affinity Publisher just wish I could get the latest edition. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.