pipet

AP and Logitech Craft keyboard?

I'm eying the Logitech Craft keyboard, which comes with that neat dial on top. While Affinity Photo is not one of the applications that's specifically supported by Logitech and this keyboard, application-specific actions can be assigned to the dial. I was wondering, if anyone has experience with the Craft keyboard in that regard, and specifically, if it's possible to hover over a slider in AP (or any other application for that matter) and then adjust the slider value with the dial?

If Affinity shows up in the config software, try it.

In the meantime why not contact Logitech about Affinity and get it supported?

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Designer (ADe) Tutorials - Affinity Photo (APh) Tutorials Instagram & Flickr

I don't have the keyboard (yet), so unfortunately I cannot try this out. It's quite expensive as far as keyboards go, so I wanted to get a feel how useful it might be in combination with AP before jumping on it. But good idea about contacting Logitech.

1 hour ago, pipet said:

I don't have the keyboard (yet), so unfortunately I cannot try this out. It's quite expensive as far as keyboards go, so I wanted to get a feel how useful it might be in combination with AP before jumping on it. But good idea about contacting Logitech.

Also see if anyone has the Keyboard and Affinity on the Logitech forums

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Designer (ADe) Tutorials - Affinity Photo (APh) Tutorials Instagram & Flickr

Hello firstdefence.

I have a Logitec craft keyboard.  Photo and Designer does not work with the 'dial' function.  Shame really as I am moving away from Photoshop and Lightroom to Affinity software and ACDSee.  Logitec will probably say its up to Affinity to add it via the SDK and Affinity will say Logitec should design a plug-in.  I think that Affinity should develop the SDK for the Craft keyboard using the same functions as the Adobe software, this will be another nail in their coffin allowing Affinity to erode their position.

@cre8tivetoy shame that the Craft dial doesn't work with Affinity products, at least not yet. Got a demo of it at Adobe MAX last year (maybe two ago?) and the rep mentioned an SDK coming, but haven't really seen anything about that since. Hopefully that hasn't stalled / been cancelled. I'll ask again this year. 

I'm using Affinity Photo as my primary editor (no Photoshop), which is not directly supported by the Craft keyboard backpack. Nonetheless, as far as I understand, individual apps  can be configured to work with the dial. I was wondering, if anyone has experience with AP and the Craft, and in particular, if it is possible to hover e.g. over a slider in an application like AP and then adjust that slider with the dial?

See: Luxury keyboard Logitech Craft in the test (original german article)

...According to the website, Logitech Craft currently supports Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere (Mac and Windows) as well as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Windows only) . Our installation also includes support from Adobe Indesign and Google Chrome and Firefox. A little meager list, we would like to have more choice here, for example for Affinity Photo or Pixelmator. These can be added, but only with some generic commands that are not app-specific. For example, it is not possible to change the brush tip of Affinity Photo with the rotary wheel. After all, you can zoom in like this. ...

So in order to apply more functionality here for the Craft keyboard, the Affinity products have to support it and make internal use of the Craft Crown SDK, which in turn then will communicate directly to the Craft Crown via the Logitech Options software.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.6.1 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.6.7 ◆ OSX El Capitan

I just got a Logitech Craft and I would love to use the Crown/Dial of the keyboard in Affinity Photo and Designer; especially for making better and faster usage of the sliders which is a bit tricky when you use your monitor in high resolutions. Please implement a profile for the Logitech Craft. Thanks!!!

Yes, the same here. I got my Craft a few videos ago and I would not wanna miss it again. But, this is because I like the keys and how I can type - it has the absolute right sensitivity.

I love controlling my media with the play/pause and volume functions of the crown.

Now, the next step to absolute satisfaction with the Craft would be using the crown for all the sliders in Affinity software. Please, amazing Affinity people, give us a profile for the Craft.

Thank you.

Chris

Came here to ask for the same. The Craft keyboard is awesome! Please implement support for it…changing sliders as @nicecap requested would be a good start, but I presume there would be tons of other possibilities as well. Color wheel obviously but also layer ordering and blend modes, etc.

Pro software for pro hardware! Can we get an official statement if there are any plans on supporting the Craft?

Thanks a lot,

Simon

Please note that the Craft keyboard has a developer mode. You can add the application and assign for instance '[' and ']' to the knob dial. And a left click OR CTRL-0 to the knob press. The developer mode requires a Logitech account and sending all your usage data to Logitech, so it comes at a cost.

Regards Wim.