You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Illustrated maps for village promotion and tourist places. Created in Affinity Designer using vector technique combined with bitmap using Concept Master Vol.1: Nature Brush Pack brushes and those created by myself. So far, for several maps, I have drawn about 200 objects with varying degrees of accuracy.

Kotlina-Klodzka.thumb.jpg.dcf1fe0951ffe30bddb66ff4d90c8ada.jpg

Krosnowice_mapa.thumb.jpg.ce4496d66cc5df7d186491c8728e78e5.jpg

ad_screen.png

I have two small concerns with the first map:
1. The “E”, “W” and “S” in compass roses are normally (but not always) written as ‘normal’ LTR text with no rotation.
2. There is no legend so I’m having trouble figuring out what is what. For example, near the centre-bottom of the map the three lines – pink, blue and black-white-dash – seem to be ‘intertwined’ in a way that I wouldn’t expect roads, rivers and rail lines(?) to do. Also I don’t understand what the thick brown line is.

Other than that I really like the look of them.

• 3 weeks later...

@pgraficzny Love it!  It looks like a beautiful place to live.  And is that a 200-year old "monumental beech" tree?  It looks gorgeous.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

@jmwellborn Thank you for the kind words. I also love the lands of the Polish-Czech border, where I live, I like graphic works on interesting objects, of which there are many. The term "monumental beech" refers to the official term "natural monument" given to legally protected natural objects.

Sorry for my English.

7 minutes ago, pgraficzny said:

@jmwellborn Thank you for the kind words. I also love the lands of the Polish-Czech border, where I live, I like graphic works on interesting objects, of which there are many. The term "monumental beech" refers to the official term "natural monument" given to legally protected natural objects.

Sorry for my English.

Your English is perfect.  And what a lovely term "monumental beech."  In the state of Maryland (where I used to live) we had the largest oak tree (the Wye Oak) in the USA which was estimated to be 460 years old before it was destroyed in a severe thunderstorm in 2002.  If you Google "Wye Oak" you can read about it.  It was indeed Monumental and a terrible loss.  I was fortunate to seem it several years before in all its glory.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

@pgraficzny

Really nice visually balanced design; the mix of modern maps and treasure maps works really well.

Miłego weekendu!

10 Reasons Why Strategic Plans Fail
Having a plan simply for plans sake - Not understanding the environment or focusing on results - Partial commitment - Not having the right people involved - Writing the plan and putting it on the shelf - Unwillingness or inability to change - Having the wrong people in leadership positions - No accountability or follow through - Unrealistic goals or lack of focus and resources.

Get it?

• 1 month later...