Interested in computers, graphics, animations, games, vr, interactives and internet?

Computer graphics, animations and interactions are now self-evident. You just have to pick up your smartphone, tablet, desktop computer or what else and you feel intuitively when you have to swipe, click, drag or pinch zoom. You also expect nothing less than nice interfaces with smooth animations. But it wasn't always like this...

There were times where there were no editors like Photo and Designer, nor Illustrator, nor Photoshop, and even computers and animations of frames didn't exist...

I wrote a blog series of six where I like to take you on a journey through time with our focus on learning about the development before and during the creation of computers, digital graphics, animations, graphical interfaces, graphics software, interactivity, 3D, a pinch of the first games, the creation of the internet and a touch of virtual reality.

I have made more than 110 illustrations for this series with Affinity Designer and also provide each part with at least one interactive to bring the events alive as good as possible for you.

Part 1 is out there now! Hope you like it and I'm sure you learn something new from it and be surprised by some events! There will be a new part every month from now. Enjoy!

English: History Interactive Computer Graphics - Part 1

Dutch: Geschiedenis Interactieve Computergraphics - Deel 1

hoablog-sketchpad-I.jpg

Thanks a lot for your compliments, likes and views guys.

Next part will be about a very interesting time in history... when the computer-age really got started!

... without that part of history nothing we use today in computer graphics and games would even exist! So no Affinity would be here if this part of history would be missing...

Watch this space! :27_sunglasses:

@Alfred @Madame @Roger C @GarryP @Wosven @A_B_C @WatcherMagic

Well, it's been a while, I've been very busy last months and I take writing blogs seriously and like to serve quality content.

So sorry you had to wait sooo long, but the second part of the series will go live soon!

...And there will be a little oldfashioned GAME inside!  :)

(and it's not :243_snake: or :236_bug:)  

@Alfred @Madame @Roger C @GarryP @Wosven @A_B_C @WatcherMagic

Hey.. I did'nt see this before! You are so talented and clever! 
Fantastic work! Thank you! 

- Affinity Photo 1.6.7

- Affinity Designer 1.6.1

MacBook Pro 8 GB
MacBook Pro Mojave 10.14.2