dorian

Vector brush tool smoothing – Affinity Designer – I want it off.

Hello Forum :)

Is there a way of switching OFF the smoothing on the Vector brush tool? 
It makes freehand drawing a little too automatic for me. I want all the imperfections of my line drawing. ;)
I have the same request for the iPad version... 

I could not find anything in the settings either.

Thanks for confirming this. I hope my request will be considered. I'm quite sure I'm not the only one anyway.

How about making some polls to help/convince the developers?

Affinity Store: Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 1.8.5.703.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 2004, Build 19041.508.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200.

hey so I just got the free trial for affinity designer.  Super excited about the software and all it had to offer.  The promise of being able to work on my big Cintiq then transfer to my iPad was also amazing.  I have been banging my head on the table all day trying to figure out a way to turn off line smoothing.  I've been looking online for hours and wasn't able to find anything until now.  Very disappointed the line smoothing cannot be taken off.  This is definitely a deal breaker.  But I do want to say thank you for finding this forum, now I can stop trying to figure this out and just delete the program. 

I've figured out how to prevent the smoothing!

In the top left there are three icons: the left being the affinity design logo that's labelled "design persona", then "pixel persona", and to the very right there is the "export persona".

If you select "pixel persona" and draw things there, there will be no line smoothing of the sort. 

3 hours ago, Unicorn21 said:

there will be no line smoothing of the sort. 

Yes, but required is "vector" drawing, no "pixel". 

Affinity Store: Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 1.8.5.703.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 2004, Build 19041.508.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200.