hannah

Can I flip (mirror) a shape through a point/axis of choice?

Hello dear people,

Would you know how to flip an object/shape through a self-defined point in AfD?

"Flip Horizontal" would always flip through center, even after dragging the  "center-point" to some place else. (Crosshairs-thingy in the screenshot). Moving this point makes my shape rotate around it, but has in my case no effect on other transformations than rotating).   

855614847_ScreenShot2018-05-26at13_11_20.thumb.png.01355ed9d61699421bfba8d633bb7f97.png

Thanks

No,only rotation seems to work

I think they should implement it

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1909)Home / Photo / Designer / Publisher & latest (beta) versions

Once you have rotated it use the mirror options to flip

1938555177_rotateandflip.gif.1ff31a694402c57bc2bc46ef9b95c6b3.gif

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo & Publisher - Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

That was a really clever solution. I just wanted to comment and say the workaround really helped me out. Thanks!

I wish someday we'll be able to have this feature available without needing the extra labour. In Adobe Illustrator, this is simply done with the reflect tool.