LetoAtrell

Document resize with percentage

Hi there!

First of all, I really love the beta of Affinity Photo!!! Just played around with it a little bit and noticed that it is not possible to resize the document with percentage values(or I missed it) - only with pixel value. For me this is a big thing because I'm always trying out sizes with the zoom and than resize the document according to it.

Keep it up!

cheers

Leto (Harry)

post-6527-0-47629800-1423832645_thumb.png

Hi Leto,

I miss this option too. You can resize percentage wise by adding an asterisk and a fraction after the pixel value, for example if you want to scale down your image (according to your attachment) to 50 % enter 1280 px * 0.5 in the "Width" field. Not very convenient but maybe this is helpful :)

Cheers

Marcus

You don't even have to retype the original value either... you can just type *=50%

2017 15" MacBook Pro 14,3 w/ Intel 4 Core i7 @ 2.8 GHz, 16 GB RAM, AMD 455 @ 2 GB, 512 GB SSD, macOS High Sierra

Hi there, I downloaded the beta version today and the results are promising. Anyway, I was going to start a new topic but I came up with this one... Thanks for the tips...

Those above might be working but there should be a more convenient way to downsize the image (just like the option in Export --> jpg). I would rather have this resize option in the main image adjustment menu, because for instance using unsharp mask after downsizing should be the way to go I think.

Br

Serkan

Speaking of resizing, Affinity Photo saves documents and requires exporting to save as a .tiff, .jpeg, etc.  In the 'Resize Document' box on any .nef file I work on the DPI is shown as 96.  Now on Photoshop, if you drop 'resample' and increase the resolution you get a corresponding decrease in the size of the image.  This doesn't happen with Photo.  How about linking DPI and image size so you can get a high resolution and smaller size simultaneously?  And since DPI changes do not change the image size, what exactly is Photo doing with regards to resolution?

Hi guys

Has this feature been added yet? I really need to be able to resize by %, and save it as a macro. The current methods don't work (I've tested the demo recently).

I would love to buy this software, but this is one of the main feature I will be using.

Thank you in advance :)

Hi @owenr

Thanks for the tip, but yeah unless I can record macros, then its not of much use :(

Would be awesome to hear from the Affinity devs, whether this is something they are planning to add.

1 minute ago, Ninjadoodle said:

Thanks for the tip, but yeah unless I can record macros, then its not of much use :(

Would be awesome to hear from the Affinity devs, whether this is something they are planning to add.

I believe that you can record macros for this using a method similar to the macro described here. However, the macro must use Filters->Distort->Equations to do the resizing. That means that you cannot choose the resizing algorithm; you're limited to whatever undocumented method that Distort->Equations uses.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

2 hours ago, eobet said:

I still would like a resize with percent option.

As we've pointed out above, you can already resize using a percentage.

So, to be clear, do you really mean that you need a resize with percent that you can use in a macro? Or something else?

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

23 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

As we've pointed out above, you can already resize using a percentage.

So, to be clear, do you really mean that you need a resize with percent that you can use in a macro? Or something else?

No, I want the entry in the drop down list.

I don't want a new user (or someone I teach) have to go to a forum and ask people to find out a hidden method. I want it explicitly shown in the interface.

I agree with eobet on this. Every image processing software I've used until today had the option of resizing an image by percents. I never had the need to resize by yards or meters. Apart from that it would be very easy to add rescaling by percent. It's been four years since this thread was opened. I have no idea why Affinity doesn't bother to add this feature.