Jump to content
MEB

Free Content included with 1.6 ('Till 16th November)

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, simpsondesigns said:

I've purchased Designer from the Apple Store and I didn't receive the update or the free content. I open the firewall to the (Designer) program with no luck. How do I receive the update and free content?

 

simpsonsdesignes,

 

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums.

The screenshot you have shown is the correct one for 1.5.5 and you have said that you have not yet got the update, so all is fine there.

Double check to make sure the Mac App Store is signed in to the same Apple ID that was used to purchase the app. If it is and the update still isn't showing on the Updates section, delete the app from your Applications folder, then sign in to the Mac App Store again and it will download the latest version. 

Once you get the update from the Mac App Store (MAS) the included content will appear as a third screen on that Welcome. 


Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, fernandolins86 said:

Hey guys, congrats on 1.6 and thanks for the freebies! :D

However, the chalky fonts and textures are downloading reeeeaaaally slow (like 9kb/s) while Steam is downloading normally at 5mb/s, so it's not something on my side. Donno if it's something you can fix at all, just wanted to let you know.

 

Thanks!

OK, well it is on Amazon cloudfront servers and they are normally excellent. We will check here ourselves, thanks for the heads up.


Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Nazario said:

I'm confused as hell too. Got 1.6 from the App Store (Mac). No welcome screen links (I have the welcome screen), so I created a store account which was confusing as you can't actually do that without seemingly buying something. I obviously cancelled my order before hitting confirm hoping the account I created would still work. It seems so however there is nothing showing in my downloads section in my newly created account?!

 

It was a pain in the ass claiming the brushes last time round. What gives guys? :(

 

 

 

As you say you have created an account, but the 1.6 bundled content needs to be added to a basket, and that tends to be linked to only from the software welcome screen. 

 

Which Mac OS are you running on please and what software Affinity Photo or Affinity Designer? The Welcome screen does not work on Lion or Mountain lion. Some people have blocked their app a while ago with packetpeeper or wireshark and therefore the welcome feed is never getting to the application and needs unblocking [at least for one run] to see the offer.

 

 


Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ari moonens said:

i can not download the free stuf firewall its of stil the Same pop up without the free stuf

ari moonens

 

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums.

  • Can you see the Welcome feed advert for the included/free content or not?
  • What program have you got?
  • What operating system are you on?

 


Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

 

As you say you have created an account, but the 1.6 bundled content needs to be added to a basket, and that tends to be linked to only from the software welcome screen. 

 

Which Mac OS are you running on please and what software Affinity Photo or Affinity Designer? The Welcome screen does not work on Lion or Mountain lion. Some people have blocked their app a while ago with packetpeeper or wireshark and therefore the welcome feed is never getting to the application and needs unblocking [at least for one run] to see the offer.

 

 

I tried again today and the welcome screen updated after a few seconds to show the link, so I've managed to download them now. 

 

Not that it matters now but I have both the latest Photo and Designer on latest High Sierra.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

still no luck getting the free content!

 

this is on win7

using Photo 1.6.0.89

firewall is set to allow photo & designer

adblocks are disabled

NO download links visible on welcome screen

in my serif astore account, there are no downloads for any free content.

 

please, how can we get this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smarterweb said:

still no luck getting the free content!

 

this is on win7

using Photo 1.6.0.89

firewall is set to allow photo & designer

adblocks are disabled

NO download links visible on welcome screen

in my serif astore account, there are no downloads for any free content.

 

please, how can we get this?

On Windows 7, open Internet Explorer, find settings and on the advanced tab turn on TLS 1.1 & 1.2. Restart the app and the advert should appear. 

 


Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

On Windows 7, open Internet Explorer, find settings and on the advanced tab turn on TLS 1.1 & 1.2. Restart the app and the advert should appear. 

I have long uninstalled IE - running chrome & firefox instead. and I WILL NOT reinstall crappy IE. any other solutions?

 

Solved:

never mind, it's in "Internet Properties" not related to browser. Under advance tab: enable TLS 1.1 & 1.2 and finally the link is there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, smarterweb said:

I have long uninstalled IE - running chrome & firefox instead. and I WILL NOT reinstall crappy IE. any other solutions?

It's still there, as the OS needs it, as do any apps with a browser window like ours. I've no idea how you change the settings once you've hidden (fake uninstalled) it. I'm not asking you to have it as a default browser it's just the way to get this secure feed to show. You will need to send a support ticket to affinitysupport@serif.com quoting this thread unless you find a way to change that setting without IE 7 showing... 


Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

It's still there, as the OS needs it, as do any apps with a browser window like ours. I've no idea how you change the settings once you've hidden (fake uninstalled) it. I'm not asking you to have it as a default browser it's just the way to get this secure feed to show. You will need to send a support ticket to affinitysupport@serif.com quoting this thread unless you find a way to change that setting without IE 7 showing... 

yes you actually can uninstall IE in win7: it's part of the windows features and you can manage it from there. anyway, I found the settings and now it's finally working! 

thank you for pointing me in the right direction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, smarterweb said:

yes you actually can uninstall IE in win7: it's part of the windows features and you can manage it from there. anyway, I found the settings and now it's finally working! 

thank you for pointing me in the right direction

I'm really pleased, do you mind telling me how you changed the settings so others who have uninstalled it can see the feed? 


Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2017 at 11:19 AM, MEB said:

Hi Jef,

Yes, it is different. The Affinity Forum account and the Affinity Store account are NOT linked in any way. So if you are a Mac user and never bought the Windows versions of our apps in the Affinity Store neither the Affinity Designer Workbook, you don't have an account there yet.

Hi,

1. I cannot find the page to register on the store account. I keep being directed to the Apple store page. Can somebody post a link to it?

2. The welcome page has no link do download anything. See screenshot attached.

3. I think that  the excellent programmers at Serif could have come with a more intuitive and user friendly way to download software, as proven by the many, many frustrated posts in this string

Thanks,

Qaman333

Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 7.43.02 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too see nothing when I launched Affinity Photo as purchased through Mac's App Store.  Nothing. 

I did, however, get the 'free content' with Affinity Designer.

 

But I need someone from Serif to make the Affinity Photo content happen.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been trying to update Photo from the Mac App store but when I select it all that happens is the current version of Photo opens on my desktop. Any help/suggestions for a naive computer user would be appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, silverlaker said:

I too see nothing when I launched Affinity Photo as purchased through Mac's App Store.  Nothing. 

What version of Affinity Photo is currently installed on your Mac? Unless it is version 1.6.6 you won't see anything in the Welcome window about this content. If it is version 1.5.x or earlier, open the Mac App Store app to the Updates tab, where you should see AP listed with a button that will do the update.

 

10 minutes ago, Terrier said:

Been trying to update Photo from the Mac App store but when I select it all that happens is the current version of Photo opens on my desktop.

If you have already updated AP to 1.6.6 that is what is supposed to happen. You need to open the Welcome window in the app itself to see the slide with the link to claim the offer.

 

Note that this offer is not made by Apple but by Serif/Affinity, & is distributed through the Affinity Store, not the Mac App Store. The content itself is owned by the various people who created it, not by Serif/Affinity. It is up to them to decide how it can be distributed for free, to whom, & for how long.


Affinity Photo 1.7.1, Affinity Designer 1.7.1, Affinity Publisher 1.7.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 & Affinity Designer 1.7.1.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Terrier,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

No you don't have to uninstall it. Run the Mac App Store app, go to the Updates tab on top and click the Update button in front of Affinity Photo in the list below.

Make sure you are logged-in with the same Apple ID used to buy the program. Let me know if you still have issues or if Affinity Photo doesn't appear in the list of available updates.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi MEB,

Affinity Photo is not appearing in the list of available updates. Just to confirm I am running OS X 10.11.6 and have only one account with Apple so know this is correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Terrier,

Please do the following:

- press (cmd) + R to refresh the Updates page in Mac App Store

 

If the updates still don't appear:

- sign out of the Mac App Store, then sign-in again

 

If it also fails:

- drag the application from the applications folder to the Trash and empty it, then reinstall the app again from the Mac App Store. It will install the latest version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×