Hi Elainecrossman,

Welcome to the Forums :)

I'm not sure if it will work with your example as it depends painting is on a different layer to the wall but the Live Perspective Tool in Affinity can be used with things like this. You can find out more about it here :)

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

I have experimented a bit with the live perspective tool, but it is more complicated than I would like. In my old Paint Shop pro program, there was a simple tool that allowed one to position a cropping box around an irregular rectangular object (like a painting photographed not quite squarely on) and with dots positioned at the four corners, a simple click straightened it all up. So it was a variation on a cropping tool, if that makes sense.

Hi Callum,  can you please provide the original link, since the video is only shown in a tiny preview (and there seems to be no way to watch it original size or fullscreen).
Thank's, Timo

iCore i7-3770, 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, Windows 10 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher latest final & beta
http://www.timobierbaum.com

Seems there is no simple free transform tool available.

Mesh warp tool does what requested but you have to adjust node handles manually to remove curvature.
Perspective tool applies perspective to image, it is not simple transform.

We need free transform (can be added to Transform submenu) or option to use Mesh warp simple, without curving the edges.

can you please provide the original link, since the video is only shown in a tiny preview (and there seems to be no way to watch it original size or fullscreen).

If you press the 'Quote' button below Callum's post, you'll see this:

Visit that URL in a new browser tab to view the video on Vimeo (where you'll also find a fullscreen button at the bottom right-hand corner of the video).

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.8.3.180 • Designer for iPad 1.8.3.2 • iPadOS 13.5.1 (iPad Air 2)

I have experimented a bit with the live perspective tool, but it is more complicated than I would like. In my old Paint Shop pro program, there was a simple tool that allowed one to position a cropping box around an irregular rectangular object (like a painting photographed not quite squarely on) and with dots positioned at the four corners, a simple click straightened it all up. So it was a variation on a cropping tool, if that makes sense.

Hi elainecrossman,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Although the Perspective Tool of the Live Perspective filter can be used to do this - change the perspective of a paint on the wall - they aren't able to give you a geometrically correct result when "straightening" it. I suggest you add this to the Feature Requests section as it can be quite useful sometimes.

In the meantime, the DxO perspective tool, available for $/€9,99 in the Mac AppStore, could be of help. Not sure if they have a Windows version.

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS 10.15 Catalina on 8GB MBP13 2013 | macOS 10.15 Catalina on 16GB MBP13 2017

Hi Callum,  can you please provide the original link, since the video is only shown in a tiny preview (and there seems to be no way to watch it original size or fullscreen).

Thank's, Timo

Make a right click on the video and call for "Open frame in new window". Have you tried that?

Cheers

P.

Make a right click on the video and call for "Open frame in new window". Have you tried that?

Cheers

P.

That's not possible in Chrome. But in Safari, though..

- Affinity Photo 1.7.3
- Affinity Designer 1.7.3
-Affinity Publisher 1.7.3

MacBook Pro 8 GB
MacBook Pro Mojave 10.14.6

Can´t speak for all available browsers; Opera and SeaMonkey do as well and in Chrome you can go "Show frame Source Code" and the link will be right in front f you:

Cheers

P.

post-28670-0-58296200-1493398015_thumb.png