nonresidentalien

[AD] Align with key object / aligning nodes

Yay …  :)

After I read Dave's post but before I noticed yours, I whispered "Yay" to myself! :lol:

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

:D Looking forward to it !  

The first beta release of version 1.6 is out now if you'd like to try it. The two versions run separately, so they don't interfere with each other.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

According to the release notes, it seems like the feature has finally been implemented in the latest release (1.6.0). Thanks guys!!

Hello Meb,

So I'm currently trying to convert my whole studio over to the Affinity suite including the Publisher Beta which I have been eagerly waiting for.

It's proving difficult because some staff members are power users of Illustrator. The tasks that we are trying to accomplish is simple; align object B with object A without object A moving.

We understand that everytime you want to do this, you can go to the Alignment button in the toolbar and configure first or last selected but this is very long-winded.

Is there a way to select two objects, click the priority object and quickly align to that priority object?

Many thanks,

Director and Head of Design at Affari , a creative marketing agency.
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, TB3) MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3.
Mantiz Venus eGPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11BG, AMD Radeon Pro 575 4GB
www.koriecull.com

@korie.psd you might be very interested in Alignment Handles that are coming in 1.7

They will allow you to align objects in an intuitive way, on canvas, without the use of any dialogue boxes.

They allow for top, middle, bottom alignment of objects or selected nodes, and combine with the already powerful snapping engine.

Simply select what you want to align, and click (to align in place) or drag the relevant alignment handle to the point where you want the alignment to happen! You don't even need to worry about the stacking order of the objects, or the order in which you select them. Instant feedback. Very versatile.

1724217365_AffinityAlignmentHandles.gif.2b54b44c48b590670bb6c59ad5c48ad5.gif

You can try them out in the 1.7 beta which is now available.

Win7 Ultimate x64   |   i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz   |   16 GB RAM   |   120 GB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 660 Ti   |   Huion 1060 Plus

How I make GIFs >>> ScreenToGIF (Windows only, Open Source, Portable, ~600kB)

@Aammppaa That's incredible news! Where can I download the Affinity Design 1.7 beta?

Director and Head of Design at Affari , a creative marketing agency.
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, TB3) MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3.
Mantiz Venus eGPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11BG, AMD Radeon Pro 575 4GB
www.koriecull.com

Win7 Ultimate x64   |   i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz   |   16 GB RAM   |   120 GB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 660 Ti   |   Huion 1060 Plus

How I make GIFs >>> ScreenToGIF (Windows only, Open Source, Portable, ~600kB)

To Affinity Team, Thanks for the for your amazing tool.

I design my company workes into CorelDRAW before and now i am using Affinity It's saved my time and make my work easy but can you add more features 9_9:)