You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Public Beta - 1.5.0.5 (Windows)

Hi, I've got a problem with installation on windows 7 x64, I've tried every partition disk including C:/, got Service Pack for Win 7 and all possible updates has been made (I think).

But still I'm receving an error after trying to launch the Beta.

I've added screenshots of an error and the configuration of my computer below, hope you guys can help me, got Affinity running on my Win 8, but I need it mostly on Win 7 cause it's my workstation.

This is what I get (translated from polish):

Event name: APPCRASH

App name: Designer.exe
  App version: 1.5.0.5
  App timestamp: 577d268a
  fault module name: KERNELBASE.dll
  fault module version: 6.1.7601.23418
  fault module timestamp: 5708a89c
  Exception code: e0434352
  Exception offset: 000000000001a06d
  operating system version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Local ID: 1045
  additional information 1: 7ccb
  additional information 2: 7ccb2fa98342573c8a26d5624a3b51e6
  additional information 3: 190f
  additional information 4: 190f20a13b45e928ac5633f14be8f0f1

Check this topic I think it should help you

Hi mark, I finding an issue regarding shortcut keys that involves the usage of numeric keyboard. for example zooming to fit, actual size etc... its working only if using the number key below the function keys, it does not execute the shortcut commands when using the dedicated numeric keypads on the right side of the keyboard...

@mark,

this is caused by the different Key values for the buttons: System.Windows.Input.Key.Oem1 vs NumPad1

The same is true for +, - if it used for zooming.

Hopefully your command infrastructure supports multiple key gestures per command. :-)

Im having a problem with AD resizing to my monitor 22" widescreen 1680x1050. when you resize window i can't see my panel (swatches, layers,hist) But if i resize the window a bit not going all the to fill up the screen then am able to see the panel.On a Win x64 Windows 10 OS

Welcome here, Jeine.

A guide for what?

he and i are talking about the guide as in the photoshop version plugin guideguide. the guide isn't showing up at all even if you go Ctrl+: it is suppose to show you the guide (lines) # and it ain't there also the grid. Also when you start a new Doc ,the doc show but when you look in the layers panels there's no layer showing up i have to push on the button that says add layer. this video will you what i mean. on vimeo in the video 

Affinity Designer - Grids: Icon Design

Problem with sliders in User interface

go to Preferences/User interface - sliders are sticky or not moving at all.

1. Background Grey Levels - Slides OK
2. Artboard Background Grey Levels - Slid OK once
3. UI Gamma - Did not slide, however using this has now made both the others not slide at all, everything has locked up. Background Grey Level works by clicking on bar but slider still does not move.

Hi. Some minor issues I've found:

- Changing values in the color chooser window using the input fields, has no effect on the shape, although the color does update everywhere else (eg. in the color panel).

- Slices can't be moved using the arrow keys.

- Pixel selections don't align properly to the pixel grid when using the pixel view / pixel drawing mode.

- When using the mouse wheel to change the value of an already focused field, the value gets changed by 2 units instead of 1.

- When using the mouse wheel on the font size input field to decrease the value, it resets to 5px.

Quick question: Is there a possibility to add a margin around an automatically sized slice?

Designer is running well so far on my system. Just encountered a problem, though. When printing on letter size (8.5 x 11) paper, the image is HUGE, showing only a small portion of what I've drawn. I'm using an Epson Artisan 1430 with Epson Double sided matte paper.

I have got used to the replicate and the align options on PagePlus X9 to produce a set of similar objects (for instance rectangles) replicating them and lining them up with the same gap between them.  I find this easy to do without necessarily using layers. I am having a lot of difficulty managing the same action in Designer which doesn't seem as easy.

Can anyone help please?

John

updated with the latest beta :)

MacBook Pro 11,2,  Intel i7 4 core, 8Gb RAM, Graphics Intel Iris Pro.

iPad Pro 11.4,  256Gb, 10.5 Retina, A10X Fusion chip, Apple pencil

Desktop upgraded to Win10 64-bit, Intel i5 quad core, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GefORCE GT730

The Win-10 laptop is on permanent loan to my daughter......

My Flickr Album

I get strange steps if I apply a pressure profile to for instance a rectangle:

post-33020-0-60597500-1468168553_thumb.jpg

The profile is smooth from 0 to full to 0 with three curve points.

The file has a high resolution so that should not be the problem.

Cheers,

Tom

Steps.afdesign

ScreenDream   |   Windows 8.1 x64 - 64 GB Ram - i7 6 core @ 4.1 GHz - GeForce GTX 1080 TI & GTX 980 Ti

I have got used to the replicate and the align options on PagePlus X9 to produce a set of similar objects (for instance rectangles) replicating them and lining them up with the same gap between them.  I find this easy to do without necessarily using layers. I am having a lot of difficulty managing the same action in Designer which doesn't seem as easy.

Can anyone help please?

John

Hi, you might want to try the Questions forum instead.

Guest Arun Sarkar

Can anyone help please?

John

There is no Replicate Option as we have in DP / PP. AD has an option "Power Duplicate". But "Power Duplicate" is not as good as "Replicate" in my opinion.

Hello guys!

I'm new to this forum. Thanks for the PC version of Affinity Designer, I appreciate your hard work and efforts to bring such a great software to PC.

During my last tests of Public Beta Version 1.5.0.5 I had problems with exporting stuff as PDF – there was no way to embed fonts, the texts seem to be converted into vectors every time I export PDF (even if I choose 'Embed Fonts' or 'No Fonts' in export settings panel). Has anybody the same issue?

Greetings to all Affinity users! :)

Alex

I am a new Windows user so I apologise for my lack of knowledge of the windows OS. I have just installed the Affinity Designer Beta but it won't open. It keeps getting locked in a cycle of installation. I have a shortcut created on the desktop but when I click on this it goes to re-install the app but then I get a window asking me if I want to repair the current installation. If I 'repair' it, then go to open the app again, it starts the installation process again, then asks me if I want to repair the current version and so it goes on. I have Windows 10 on a laptop with 64 bit operating system.

I am a new Windows user so I apologise for my lack of knowledge of the windows OS. I have just installed the Affinity Designer Beta but it won't open. It keeps getting locked in a cycle of installation. I have a shortcut created on the desktop but when I click on this it goes to re-install the app but then I get a window asking me if I want to repair the current installation. If I 'repair' it, then go to open the app again, it starts the installation process again, then asks me if I want to repair the current version and so it goes on. I have Windows 10 on a laptop with 64 bit operating system.

Try navigating to "C:\Program Files\Serif\Affinity Designer\" (or wherever you've installed the application) and double clicking on Designer.exe.

Try navigating to "C:\Program Files\Serif\Affinity Designer\" (or wherever you've installed the application) and double clicking on Designer.exe.

Thank you. I went via the start menu, applications then found the Serif download, it worked from there so it seems it's just the shortcut that isn't working.

Are there meant to be other applications apart from Designer? I've read in forums about a PagePlus but I only have the Designer Beta.

There is no Replicate Option as we have in DP / PP. AD has an option "Power Duplicate". But "Power Duplicate" is not as good as "Replicate" in my opinion.

'Power Duplicate' seems almost like the DrawPlus 'Replicate' and 'Transform' commands rolled into one. It's quite powerful.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)