You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The problem is that different assets tend to disappear on different backgrounds, so, ideally, it would be nice to be able to have a control for the background (a slider from black to white?) in the panel itself, rather than having to go to Preferences to change it. 

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

5 hours ago, PaulEC said:

The problem is that different assets tend to disappear on different backgrounds, so, ideally, it would be nice to be able to have a control for the background (a slider from black to white?) in the panel itself, rather than having to go to Preferences to change it. 

YES!!!!!!  

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

On 7/14/2023 at 4:10 AM, Chris B said:

This is an existing and open issue. I will raise it again with the developers - thanks!

Blend modes would help where simply black, white, checkered grey backgrounds are not enough…. Same as with my Guides/Grids/etc request… helps with visibility, its a major sore point in the UI/UX

Edited by ronnyb
updated

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

• 4 months later...
  • Staff

The issue "Assets can be hard to see" (REF: AF-91) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.3.0.2157".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.

@Chris B I hope the change also addresses the issue of assets with invisible thumbnails. I.e. assets that have no imagery, but contains stuff such as groups, layers, filters, etc. I like making custom groups that have the entire layer setup ready to go, but without any image data since I wish to paint that in on my own. That is why I gave the suggestion of border frames since there is no distinction between a tile with an asset and anything else that isn't an asset.

• Staff

Hey FDK, 

This change will not do what you are asking. It's simply to change the background colour to make assets with images more visible depending on their attribute. It sounds like your process is quite niche and beyond the scope of what the Asset Panel was intended for.

17 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Hey FDK, 

This change will not do what you are asking. It's simply to change the background colour to make assets with images more visible depending on their attribute. It sounds like your process is quite niche and beyond the scope of what the Asset Panel was intended for.

Well, since anything can be an asset it is still useful functionality. A simple border frame around each asset would be sufficient for me to be able to see where they are located. If no such thing is going to be implemented then I guess I will simply need to use the list option so I can at least see the names.

• Staff

Have you raised this before in here? 

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/122-feedback-for-the-affinity-v2-suite-of-products/

I do think it's a good idea but like I said, just a bit beyond the current scope—that doesn't mean it would never be considered. Cheers :) 

37 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Have you raised this before in here? 

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/122-feedback-for-the-affinity-v2-suite-of-products/

I do think it's a good idea but like I said, just a bit beyond the current scope—that doesn't mean it would never be considered. Cheers :) 

Not yet, but I'll get to it once I'm home! :)