Jump to content
Our response time is longer than usual currently. We're working to answer users as quickly as possible and thank you for your continued patience.

Affinity Photo Crash When Try To Search In Font Selection.


Lirrr
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Moderators

Hi Lirr,

Welcome to the forums :)

Its likely that you have a corrupted font/ too many fonts installed etc. Please could you tell me how many fonts you have installed and if possible could you provide a copy of the latest crash report found using the below link?

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/98904-where-to-find-crash-reports/

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Callum said:

Hi Lirr,

Welcome to the forums :)

Its likely that you have a corrupted font/ too many fonts installed etc. Please could you tell me how many fonts you have installed and if possible could you provide a copy of the latest crash report found using the below link?

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/98904-where-to-find-crash-reports/

Thanks
C

Yes, I think this is ?

a470c2f9-9dc1-4978-b234-af7c8fc074f2.dmp

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators

Thank you I'll take a look at the crash report now in the mean time could you try the following steps? 

  1. Restart your PC
  2. Launch Command Prompt
  3. On the basis you have installed Publisher in it's default location on the C drive type/copy cd "C:\Program Files\Affinity\Photo\" and Enter
  4. Type/Copy Photo --disable-font-preview-cache and Enter

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Callum said:

Thank you I'll take a look at the crash report now in the mean time could you try the following steps? 

  1. Restart your PC
  2. Launch Command Prompt
  3. On the basis you have installed Publisher in it's default location on the C drive type/copy cd "C:\Program Files\Affinity\Photo\" and Enter
  4. Type/Copy Photo --disable-font-preview-cache and Enter

Still crashing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Removing this update is only a temporary fix. In a moment, my computer updates again and installs this update. How to permanently remove the problem with Affinity programs closing after entering any letter in the font list? Why only Affinity programs have a problem with Windows updates?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
22 minutes ago, GRAFKOM said:

Removing this update is only a temporary fix. In a moment, my computer updates again and installs this update. How to permanently remove the problem with Affinity programs closing after entering any letter in the font list? Why only Affinity programs have a problem with Windows updates?

As this issue has only just occurred and seems to be caused by the update we don't have a permanent solution at this point in time. Due to the cause of the issue I would be surprised to find that Affinity is the only app effected however it's not impossible. Hopefully we will have more concrete info soon.

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, GRAFKOM said:

O ile mi wiadomo, w systemie Windows 11 możesz wstrzymać wszystkie aktualizacje tylko na maksymalnie 21 dni. Raczej niemożliwe jest wybranie konkretnej aktualizacji, np. KB5017264, aby uniknąć kolejnej aktualizacji.

https://pureinfotech.com/show-hide-updates-windows-11/

Also: https://www.minitool.com/news/how-to-block-specific-updates-on-windows-10-11.html

-- Walt

Desktop:  Windows 11 Home, version 21H2 (22000.613) 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 
Laptop:  Windows 10 Home, version 21H2 (19044.1706) 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
        Affinity Photo 1.10.6 (.1665) and 2.0..3  and 2.0.3.1670 beta/ Affinity Designer 1.10.6 (.1665)  and 2.0.3 and 2.0.3.1670 beta / Affinity Publisher 1.10.6 (.1665)  and 2.0.3 and 2.0.3.1670 beta
iPad Pro M1, 12.9", iPadOS 16.3, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard

      Affinity Photo 1.10.6 and 2.0.3 / Affinity Designer 1.10.6 and 2.0.3 / Affinity Publisher 2.0.3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • Moderators

UPDATE for anyone still using V1 Affinity applications - 

Versions 1.10.6 of the Affinity suite have been released, which resolve these .NET Windows crashes.

Please see the below link for information on how to download and install these updates:

With the Affinity updates installed, you can now un-hide any previous Windows updates you have paused and install these without concern.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've tested this on my system using the patched version and unhiding the offending Windows update. FIXED, no crashing while searching for fonts.

Thanks!!!

Affinity Photo 1.10.5.1342 ; Affinity Designer 1.10.5.1342;Affinity Photo 2.0.0.1640 Affinity Designer 2.0.0.1640; Affinity Publisher 2.0.0.1640; Affinity2 Beta versions. Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel Core i7-4770, 3.90GHz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 645, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Ron P. said:

Я протестировал это в своей системе, используя исправленную версию и не отображая вредоносный центр обновления Windows. ИСПРАВЛЕНО отсутствие сбоев при поиске шрифтов.

Спасибо!!!

But it began to crash just with open documents. This is after the update.

 

This happens on both windows 11 and 10.
It hangs in unexpected places. Before the last update, this behavior was not observed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
3 hours ago, Monseg said:

But it began to crash just with open documents. This is after the update.

 

This happens on both windows 11 and 10.
It hangs in unexpected places. Before the last update, this behavior was not observed.

Have you tried turning hardware acceleration off?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 05.12.2022 at 19:18, Patrick Connor said:

Вы пробовали отключить аппаратное ускорение?

It doesn't matter. I have two machines on windows 11 and 10, with different specifications. And I turned these options on and off. Symptoms are the same

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note there is currently a delay in replying to some post. See pinned thread in the Questions forum. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.