You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer file is corrupted suddenly

@bscape

Your file opens fine here with the expected message that the linked files are missing

If you unlink your files by renaming the \LA_Glen Iris Sexby Rd Project\ folder slightly you should be able to open the document.

You will receive a message about missing files...

If you select Yes in that message box and navigate to the new folder where the indicated missing file is now located, then once that file is relinked all the other files should relink automatically (In theory)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Thanks Carl.  It ended up crashing the program 3 times, then I opened another file, program launched and was then able to reopen the above file.  Odd, I tried renaming it but it still wouldn't open without the program automatically closing.  Gremlins in my system, all good now!

• 9 months later...

Hello @LittleLizard, and elcome to the forums.

You need to provide more information. Did you get an error mssage saying your file was corrupt? If so can you say what it said (or provide a screnshot)?

What is your Operating System? What version of designer are you using?

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Hi there I am having issue opening an affinity file I was working on Afiinty Designer 3. 

It says the document is corrupted and the document must now be closed, let me know if there is anything you can do,

thank you,

Tommaso Tura.

Screenshot 2021-01-14 at 01.14.35.png

Edited by tommaso tura
screenshot attached

Hello @John Rostron, thanks for getting back to me.  The error message says:

Failed to load document (name of file)

The document appears to be corrupted.

The document must now be closed.

Yes I have updated versions of affinity publisher (1.8.6)

I am using Mac OS Big Sur (11.1)

Thanks so much, 

Claire

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same issue. I just bought Publisher so I could do simple One-Page diary entries to export to JPEG and the computer is just not handling it very well. The printer shows it as a corrupt file. 

22 hours ago, Rooy AD said:

@Callum 

I have the same problem. "the document appears to be corrupted"

can you help me?
I've attached the file

goppers.afdesign 133.1 MB · 3 downloads

I don't have your fonts, but see if this opens and looks OK to you

goppers1.afdesign

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Grealake Mack said:

its the second time

Local or External drive? 

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

5 hours ago, Grealake Mack said:

Hi, recently spent 7+ hours on this tshirt design yesterday and for some reason I got the cornuted file dialogue box. Can this file possibly be repaired? its the second time ive hade to recreate this design

Corrupt pixel layer with Levels adjustment deleted.

File attached - backup every hour minimum - 7hrs is too much work to lose in one session - work on local drives only

210420-recovered-2.afphoto

With all this corrupted files' bugging happening, I wonder if Affinity apps should pop-up with a warning, if someone tries to save on an external drive?

»A designer's job is to improve the general quality of life. In fact, it's the only reason for our existence.«
Paul Rand (1914-1996)

6 hours ago, Grealake Mack said:

External hardrive @Pšenda

Try search:

https://www.google.com/search?q=external+drive+corrupt+file+site%3Aforum.affinity.serif.com

For example:

45 minutes ago, Andy05 said:

With all this corrupted files' bugging happening, I wonder if Affinity apps should pop-up with a warning, if someone tries to save on an external drive?

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

This could actually become some serious issue, if Affinity sells his software "for professionals" and after some professional lost a customer because he couldn't finish by the deadline due to a bug, which Serif is aware of for quite some time now. This might open an opportunity for suing Serif for compensation. Their terms of use might render invalid in regards of bugs they've been told about ages ago (I found some reports in the fora dated back to 2014 in which the staff confirmed trouble with their apps saving files to external sources). It depends on the judges.

I wouldn't want to take that risk if it'd be my business.

»A designer's job is to improve the general quality of life. In fact, it's the only reason for our existence.«
Paul Rand (1914-1996)