SillyWalk

1.8.0.518 – Partly blurred UI

5 hours ago, SillyWalk said:

I found some blurred UI icons in the top banner and in the New Document Dialog (with templates).

I'm on Catalina with Metal enabled.

I have no such issue.

Not seeing it on Mojave with Metal.

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) • Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB • macOS Mojave

maybe it has to do with retina/non-retina?

for me, some ui-texts (the same) are blurry, on my non-retina monitor

• Production-System: iMac (21,5-inch, Late 2013), 16GB RAM, 2TB nvme-SSD, running on 10.14.6 Mojave;
  • Display Setup: 27" Thunderbolt Display primary + 21,5" iMac-Display secondary for palettes;
  • Keyboard-Layout: German apple extended keyboard (aluminium);

Same beta, different computer, iMac with Retina display, macOS Catalina, everything looks fine.

962943440_Screenshot2019-12-05at17_38_35.thumb.png.e4d48a2ebc027dab551cba6459c16219.png

iOs: iPad Pro 12.9", Affinity Photo, Designer; Mac: Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher

17 hours ago, Jon P said:

We have this logged, it only happens on retina screens, thanks for the reports

@Jon P I think, you meant: "only on NON-retina screens"

• Production-System: iMac (21,5-inch, Late 2013), 16GB RAM, 2TB nvme-SSD, running on 10.14.6 Mojave;
  • Display Setup: 27" Thunderbolt Display primary + 21,5" iMac-Display secondary for palettes;
  • Keyboard-Layout: German apple extended keyboard (aluminium);

On 12/5/2019 at 3:18 PM, Jon P said:

We have this logged, it only happens on retina screens, thanks for the reports

I am sorry to say, but this is also present on my non-retina iMac 2011. I am using El Capitan and I see the same blurred UI, especially on the New Document screen

edit: sorry I missed your correction :P

Schermafbeelding 2019-12-11 om 08.36.49.png

Schermafbeelding 2019-12-11 om 08.37.01.png

I have this issue too. I keep thinking my eyesight is going! I have Mac (27-inch, Late 2013). 

UkeyD

P.S I couldn’t seem to upload the screenshot, I got a message saying please contact us for assistance...?

Posted (edited)

Hi all! I'm following this post and reading that the issue was related to non-retinas? Well Im on a retina and the ui seems ever so slightly enlarged/blurred. Definitely no issue with Designer. 

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 3.29.16 PM.png

Edited by lance1572

18 hours ago, lance1572 said:

Well Im on a retina and the ui seems ever so slightly enlarged/blurred.

That appears to be a problem indeed. In your screenshot, it looks like the Affinity interface is running as though it were not a retina display, because the interface appears to be half the resolution compared to that of the About This Mac window in front.

Do you happen to have a second monitor also connected to your Mac, and is it retina capable? Also, that screenshot is of Photo, and this is the Publisher forum. Do you have the problem in Publisher? What version of Photo are you running?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, garrettm30 said:

Do you happen to have a second monitor also connected to your Mac, and is it retina capable? Also, that screenshot is of Photo, and this is the Publisher forum. Do you have the problem in Publisher? What version of Photo are you running?

I don't have another monitor that is retina but I do have another iMac (24 inch early 2009) that is running Affinity Photo(1.8.2). I just updated the application. The UI seems fine to me on that older iMac.

Very sorry about posting here. I googled and one of the results led me to this page. I will post in that topic area.

I am running the Photo (1.8.2) on both machines.

While there seems to be an issue going on. It's not so much that I cannot get work done. 

Edited by lance1572