For me bitmap and bitmap screen settings are an invaluable part of use in screen printing. It’s how I take a clients beautiful gradient and make the separations for the different screens to develop for printing. Effects and similar don’t quite work because the bmp just shows black or white, which give me a cleaner screen to print with. (Effects often have greyscale or anti-aliasing that can muddy a phot emulsion screen. 

Why serif needs application list? 

WINDOWS OS needs BMP!

Please search "*.bmp" on your windows.

Thank you.

@pon

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

2 hours ago, pon said:

Why serif needs application list? 

WINDOWS OS needs BMP!

Please search "*.bmp" on your windows.

Are you making BMPs yourself for use on your own Windows PC? If not I do not understand why you think BMP are needed in Affinity. I think there is a big difference between supported by PCs and needed. What are you making BMP files for, and what are the ones you make needed for? That was the point of our enquiry, whether our customers make them for a specific purpose, not if they exist.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Latest releases on each platform 

Since we are still being asked, I’ll recomment with my usage being microcontrollers and pax handsets etc

To extend on this, in some cases they also require various bmp settings (2 bit etc)

I find it odd so many other weird formats are supported, but a classic format is still not supported after years

To come back to Windows: In software developing I sometimes have to use so called ImageLists which in my developing environment can only deal with .bmp or .ico-files
So at the moment I have to export the graphics as .tiff, open them in Windows Paint and save them back as .bmp.

I also need the .bmp file format. I'm creating graphics for an e-ink screen which needs to be exported as 24-bit .bmp files.

+1 for bmps here, The creatures series of game utilizes bmps shoved into a container, all the company made tools all default to bmp and will only read bmps. Not having an extra step on windows would be great(folder actions on mac do me no good)

On 12/3/2017 at 7:33 PM, Kip said:

I would also like the option to export .bmp!! I use AP to develop automation graphics for industrial process control systems and several of the industrial displays (e.g. automation direct) will only accept bmp as a file source. I get by converting with paintbrush, but would love to eliminate the extra step.  

This is the exact reason I need BMP support. I used Photoshop for 15 years and just switched to AP. Hit this snag today. C-more HMI.

For some reason, I can do this in Photoshop and many other "lesser" programs.  I also need this capability, as it is a format that game artists use or have to use often enough.  It shouldn't be a question as to why we need it at this point, but that it's a requested feature over the years and should be easy enough to implement.