Sign in to follow this  
Extended

Some current performance defects

Hi! Thanks to the developer for their contribution. Merry Christmas!

In most cases, the performance of affinity photo is excellent.

But I noticed that in some cases it is slow :(

I used a 100 million pixels Lab/16 canvas to create twenty layers. The save of large-area modifications is extremely slow or even horrible. This is not a bug or a computer problem. Large-size (1000+) brushes are slow. Because of the lack of hardware acceleration

At the same time I use the macos version, the speed after 1.7 is amazing, the filter responds in time without any lag, and everything is attributed to metal acceleration (in macos 1.7 metal)

Please consider adding Lab/8 support to provide a faster preview than lab/16, especially in the current missing gpu acceleration.

I will continue to use affinity photos in macos mojave (metal2 api)

35 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi Ωmega,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
GPU acceleration will come to Windows version as well. It's currently being worked on. Please bear with us.

That's great news! I guess the feature will be in a future update and not a part of the 1.7 builds currently being tested in the current beta?