Sign in to follow this  
nezumi

Finding new features Designer "Construction mode" "Isometric Studio" & "Symmetry painting" (split)

I have a question, where is the Isometric Studio?

Best regards!

You'll never know what you can do until you get it up as high as you can go!   

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: The Secret of High Quality Art

5 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

New 'Isometric' Studio makes it easy to setup and work with various axonometric projections within the application

where is this feature located (not in "View > Studio").

Best regards,

Petar Petrenko
Typesetter, Graphic Designer, Photographer
Skopje, Makedonija

Windows 10 x64 Pro
Dell Inspiron 7559 i7
Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M )
16GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx2)
1TB HDD + 128 GB SSD Hard drive
UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED- Backlit Touch Display
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5

Can somebody confirm existing or absence of " utterly amazing Construction mode" for Node and Pen tools? So I can keep trying to find out how it works or forget about it :) Please.

16 minutes ago, nezumi said:

Can somebody confirm existing or absence of " utterly amazing Construction mode" for Node and Pen tools? So I can keep trying to find out how it works or forget about it :) Please.

I'm not at my computer right now, but perhaps this discussion in the Mac forum will help you figure out if it's available and how it works.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.293 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.293 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.293 Beta

21 minutes ago, nezumi said:

I can confirm its existence:

image.thumb.png.41aa5a4cadb7b47cd20c1df0696b9b8c.png

Best regards!

You'll never know what you can do until you get it up as high as you can go!   

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: The Secret of High Quality Art

50 minutes ago, Petar Petrenko said:

where is this feature located (not in "View > Studio").

According to this Mac post that quotes from the Mac Help it should be accessed via View > Studio when in the Vector or Pixel persona. I don't see it either, Petar.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.293 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.293 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.293 Beta

Is there documentation to go along with the Beta?

I can not find the new Isometric Studio or 

6 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

Symmetry (up to 32-way) is now supported - including on-canvas controls and optional mirroring. 

Actually, I had trouble finding a few things but these are the two things I've been waiting for and am really looking forward to trying out.

3 minutes ago, nezumi said:

In my case it looks like that:

zhzfBdp.jpg

Did you read the Mac discussion I pointed to earlier?

-- Walt

I don't have access to the isometric panel or the Construction menu either.. hmm...? 

Edit (Finally found the construction panel :), still missing the Isometric panel though!)

7 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Did you read the Mac discussion I pointed to earlier?

Ah thank you - I did. Got it to work! It wasn't appearing till I had at least two nodes on canvas. I thought it will appear automatically for some reason. Great stuff, thank you again!