someguy

scroll speed is too slow on pages

2 hours ago, someguy said:

scroll speed is too slow on pages

When I scroll over pages in the pages menu, the speed seems extremely slow. Anyone else experience this? IMO, it should be quicker.

Do you mean the Pages Studio? Slow and Quick are relative terms so fine for me would be slow for you and too quick for a third person. I find it to be just fine, a bit quick at times. I do wish the previews would draw faster though.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.6

Affinity Designer 1.8.4 | Affinity Photo 1.8.4 | Affinity Publisher 1.8.4 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.9.0.2 | Affinity Photo Beta 1.9.0.199 | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.9.0.742

Yes I had reported once the same feeling.

For me it is scrolling very "slowly".

And no support for Middle-Mouse-fast-scrolling

Mouse: Logitech G602

Windows 10 1803

System                                                              Notebook Lenovo P50

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900x                                 CPU: Intel i7-6700HQ

RAM: 64 GB                                                      RAM: 32 GB

GPU: GTX 1070                                               GPU: NVIDIA Quadro M2000M 4 GB

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB                  SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 500GB

OS: Windows 10 Pro x64                               OS: Windows 10 x64

TFT: 1 x Samsung C49RG94SSU                 TFT: 2 x Lenovo

It's true. The scrolling in the page panel is a bit sluggish. The High-speed scrolling of my Logitech mouse doesn't have much effect.
But scrolling in the document window is very fast.

My Specs:
- Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Processor 3.20 GHz- RAM: 8 GB
- Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
- Monitor: SyncMaster F2380 (resolution 1920x1080)
- Operating system: Windows 10 Pro (1803) / 64 bit

This still seems slow to me (in Affinity Publisher 1.8.2). Compared to how this forum scrolls for example (and anything else actually), the pages / spreads studio scrolls way too slow. Looks like it scrolls only one line at a time, disregarding the global scroll settings.

Branding, Identity Design, UI/UX Design.    |    https://whitex.design

I agree! I have all the apps on all platforms (Mac, PadOS, Win) - and the page scrolling (and navigation - compared to Mac) in Publisher for Windows is slow. I know that hardware etc. impacts performance - but I am comparing Publisher (on the same laptop - Win) with InDesign (that old dinosaur of an dtp) - and the scrolling in InDesign is actually better in my eyes! But that's about the only thing I prefer in InDesign over Publisher :-)