I've only been working with Publisher for a month, so I assume I'm missing something simple. 

How do I remove borders from a table cell? When I click & highlight the cell, and then go to Stroke in the upper right of my screen, I have options to add all kinds of borders to the cell, but no option for "no border". Also, double clicking a border option does not remove it - like if I click left border to add it and then click again to try to remove, no change. I'm trying to create a custom table with no outside borders and no inside left or right borders but the cells can't all be merged.

What am I missing? Thanks!!

21 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi JudyL,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Go to menu View ▸ Studio ▸ Table, check the Stroke and Fill section, select the type of borders you want to affect and set their stroke width to 0 (zero).

That works; but, could something more like Judy's method be added in addition to the steps you provided?  Her thoughts/actions seemed more intuitive.

Thanks!

RickyO
APh and ADe user
New User as of Mar, 2018
Windows10 platform

Thanks, very much appreciated.

Looking forward to the results of all this work!

R

RickyO
APh and ADe user
New User as of Mar, 2018
Windows10 platform

On 10/1/2018 at 5:52 PM, JudyL said:

How do I remove borders from a table cell? When I click & highlight the cell, and then go to Stroke in the upper right of my screen, I have options to add all kinds of borders to the cell, but no option for "no border".

Are you talking about the Stroke panel that is part of the Studio, or where the word Stroke appears in the context toolbar? If the latter, then clicking on the stroke weight control should pop up a window that looks like the Studio panel. At the top of both is a section called Style with buttons for solid, dashed and textured lines. The first of those buttons should be None and will remove the stroke from the selected cell edges.

On 10/1/2018 at 5:52 PM, JudyL said:

Also, double clicking a border option does not remove it - like if I click left border to add it and then click again to try to remove, no change. I'm trying to create a custom table with no outside borders and no inside left or right borders but the cells can't all be merged.

Are you talking here about the Outside/Inside/All set of controls? These don't apply a stroke, they select cell edges. The stroke command will then affect the selected edges. You can toggle selected cell edges by clicking directly on edges in the table, holding CMD on Mac or Control on Windows. Sometimes it is easier to make multiple edge selections and change their stroke separately.

On 10/1/2018 at 10:03 AM, MEB said:

Hi JudyL,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Go to menu View ▸ Studio ▸ Table, check the Stroke and Fill section, select the type of borders you want to affect and set their stroke width to 0 (zero).

MEB, I took your advice and had a very hard time changing the border stroke width from 0.5 to 0.0. Often I could not move the dial: sometimes because words popped up, other times because the window would close. It would be great if this feature worked consistently, or if I could change the numbers to accomplish the same. Thank you!

Hi lurline.sweet,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Are you talking about the Stroke and Fill section in the Table panel? There has been several improvements in Publisher. Some previous information from this thread may not be accurate anymore.

Can you post a screenshot of the "dial" along with the panel/location you are referring to so we can try reproduce the issue you are describing? If all you want is remove the outside stroke (border) of a table in Publisher, here's how it's done:

remove_border_stroke.gif

Please consider changing your Forum username to something else to prevent spammers from harvesting your e-mail. To do it go here and set a new username or click your username in the top right of this forum's page, select Account Settings, click on the Display Name link on the left and change/set a new username (on the right).