Sharkey

Batch Processing of Open files?

Hello all,

I use FVR to browse my images, it is fast, reliable and I like it.

With that in mind when I have opened a number of images in AF how do I go about using Batch Processes on them? The ADD button opens the 'Finder' but does not show the files already open in AF.

I realise I can choose from the finder by using the file names shown in AF but this seems counterintuitive and convoluted when my chosen images are already open IN AF.

I regularly want to export jpg (small and basic) for my wife's use on the internet and my own postings and basic batch/macros are all that is needed.

This oddity is my only question on this process.

Regards.   Sharkey 

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

Hi Sharkey,

Currently you can only select images to batch process when using File > New Batch Job. More features are planned for batch processing as development continues so hopefully being able to batch process already opened files will be possible.

Hi Sharkey,

Currently you can only select images to batch process when using File > New Batch Job. More features are planned for batch processing as development continues so hopefully being able to batch process already opened files will be possible.

Thank you for that. Oddly, I would have thought that selecting open files would have been the first option on the list. Hey Ho!

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

4 minutes ago, matisso said:

So, over a year and a half have passed since this issue had been raised, may I ask how is this rolling?

regards,
Matt

Is this going to be part of the (possibly) mythical AF1.7????????

Exporting each single opened file is really cumbersome. I was searching for a solution for that, thinking that there must be one, and came accross this thread. Come on, developers/support/moderators. Is there really no option for exporting all opened files in a row with a few mouse klicks? What is the export persona good for? When I have several files opened and switch to the export persona in order to define the exact export parameters and switch then to the next file, I am I am bounced back into the another persona and have to repeat everything for the second file. Same is true for the next 23 files.  "§$%&/()'#=(/*+&%$§%&/()=??

2 hours ago, Tschens said:

What is the export persona good for? When I have several files opened and switch to the export persona in order to define the exact export parameters and switch then to the next file,

Depending on your needs, File > Export might save you some time. The Export Persona is more about slicing an image into pieces to export separately, or exporting multiple sizes of a single image in one operation.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.458 Beta

9 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Depending on your needs, File > Export might save you some time. The Export Persona is more about slicing an image into pieces to export separately, or exporting multiple sizes of a single image in one operation.

That's exactly the way I do it. However, when I open >10 files in order to insert my copyright logo via a macro, it is not relly convenient to click >10 times file, export, etc etc. The saving procedure takes much longer than the real work on the files. The exporting procedure is currently an absolute no-go for me. Is there really no solution for that issue?

Some software includes a Fill > Close All facility which is missing from AP (and AD).

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7, (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

9 minutes ago, Tschens said:

when I open >10 files in order to insert my copyright logo via a macro,

Depending on what the macro does can you not incorporate it (add it) into the File > New Batch Job screen?

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be concerned about.

3 minutes ago, carl123 said:

Depending on what the macro does can you not incorporate it (add it) into the File > New Batch Job screen?

Currently, this seems to be the only solution. I will try that.