You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am unable to drag the Quick FX tab to a another position as I can't get at the bar at the top as it is just off the top of the screen.

See my screen shot.

Re-loading AD doesn't make any difference.

Why is this?

Quick FX.afdesign

If voting made any difference it wouldn't be allowed!

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Truth does not need to be protected only lies do.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

Just now, jackamus said:

See my screen shot.

Please provide screenshots in JPG or PNG format so we can see them directly in the Post without having to download them and run an app to view them.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 minute ago, jackamus said:

See my screen shot.

I don't see any added/included screenshot, just a Quick FX ADe file download. Why don't you just insert the JPG/PNG screenshot to your post?

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Also, please include in the screenshot the entire application window including the menu bars & such.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 hour ago, v_kyr said:

I don't see any added/included screenshot, just a Quick FX ADe file download. Why don't you just insert the JPG/PNG screenshot to your post?

By popular demand I have made my screen shots into jpegs. 

There are 2 screen shots because I use 2 monitors - one for the work area and the other with all the tabs.

Screenshot  2.jpg

Screenshot 1.jpg

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

4 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Please provide screenshots in JPG or PNG format so we can see them directly in the Post without having to download them and run an app to view them.

... and standard image files is also can be viewed on any device/mobile, which the *affinity file excludes.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

4 hours ago, jackamus said:

I am unable to drag the Quick FX tab to a another position

None of your screenshots show the Quick FX panel - so what exactly are the screenshots supposed to show? Wouldn't a video be better?

Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

That's an already known problem (bug) under macOS with a two monitor setup. Tryout if using "Zoom in/out ... etc." might also in your case then resize things again accordingly.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

26 minutes ago, Pšenda said:

None of your screenshots show the Quick FX panel...

It isn't obvious but on the right, where it shows Colour, Opacity, Offset Tool checkbox, etc., that is a section of the Outer Shadow Quick FX panel. You can see the collapsed Gaussian Blur Quick FX below it but nothing above Colour.

Everything above the dashed area is missing:

QFXpanel.jpg.75576b852c2a6d0a44278fceb647a62e.jpg

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

9 minutes ago, R C-R said:

It isn't obvious

Thanks, I already noticed that in the initial post as well.

18 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Everything above the dashed area is missing

Well, almost everything! I can just make out the bottoms of the words ‘Outer Shadow’.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

9 hours ago, v_kyr said:

That's an already known problem (bug) under macOS with a two monitor setup. Tryout if using "Zoom in/out ... etc." might also in your case then resize things again accordingly.

Thanks for that Alfred. I don't know what you mean about 'zooming in\out'. Can you explain please?

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

1 hour ago, stokerg said:

Try clicking View>Zoom>Zoom in

I thought that was what you meant. All that does is change the size of the main screen but not the 2nd monitor where the pallets are.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

13 hours ago, v_kyr said:

3 hours ago, jackamus said:

Thanks for that Alfred. I don't know what you mean about 'zooming in\out'. Can you explain please?

1 hour ago, stokerg said:

38 minutes ago, jackamus said:

I thought that was what you meant. All that does is change the size of the main screen but not the 2nd monitor where the pallets are.

You seem to be mixing up three different people, Jack! You thanked me for the original suggestion from @v_kyr, and then you told @stokerg that you thought ‘View > Zoom > Zoom In’ was what he meant.

Alfred spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Alfred said:

You seem to be mixing up three different people, Jack! You thanked me for the original suggestion from @v_kyr, and then you told @stokerg that you thought ‘View > Zoom > Zoom In’ was what he meant.

Sorry about the confusion Alfred but I was trying to answer everyone at once. OK so what did @stokerg mean by 'Zoom>Zoom In'?

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

6 minutes ago, jackamus said:

OK so what did @stokerg mean by 'Zoom>Zoom In'?

Looking back, it seems that both suggestions were about zooming the view. Don’t you see a ‘Zoom’ option on your View menu? :/

Alfred spacer.png

Yes I did try View>Zoom>Zoom in but all it did was to enlarge my main monitor. All my pallets and tabs are on the 2nd monitor.

I tried dragging my pallets and tabs onto the main monitor and then selecting Quick FX and it partially appeared but only on my 2nd monitor. I can't get it onto my main monitor.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

• Staff
5 minutes ago, jackamus said:

I tried dragging my pallets and tabs onto the main monitor and then selecting Quick FX and it partially appeared but only on my 2nd monitor. I can't get it onto my main monitor.

I don't currently have access to 2nd monitor but i will tomorrow when i'm back in the office, so i'll get the same setup going and be able to help further :)  Of course, someone else might be able to help resolve this before then.  But it is the issue i think it is, i'd of expected Zooming to resolve it, so this might be slightly different.

3 minutes ago, stokerg said:

I don't currently have access to 2nd monitor but i will tomorrow when i'm back in the office, so i'll get the same setup going and be able to help further :)  Of course, someone else might be able to help resolve this before then.  But it is the issue i think it is, i'd of expected Zooming to resolve it, so this might be slightly different.

Thanks for very much for taking the trouble to help me out in this way.

I could disconnect the 2nd monitor and set up my pallets ect on the main monitor and open up Quick FX. Having done that I could then reconnect my 2nd monitor and drag everything over onto it and see what happens to Quick FX.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

12 minutes ago, jackamus said:

Thanks for very much for taking the trouble to help me out in this way.

I could disconnect the 2nd monitor and set up my pallets ect on the main monitor and open up Quick FX. Having done that I could then reconnect my 2nd monitor and drag everything over onto it and see what happens to Quick FX.

14 hours ago, v_kyr said:

LOL I changed my 2nd monitor to 'Mirror' my main monitor and all the pallets and tabs appeared on my main monitor. I then was able to load Quick FX which when it appeared was way higher up the screen than all the others. I dragged it down to line up with the others. Next I removed the 'Mirror' setting and dragged everything back to the 2nd monitor. Everything is now OK.

The original problem with Quick FX was that it was too high up the screen and therefore impossible to move. Was this the reported bug?

2 hours ago, stokerg said:

even have the lower part of the QuickFX panel - just a large black rectangle. Do you know what the situation regarding fixing the proble,

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

I recommend creating a Studio Preset for your two monitor setup. See the online help for Creating Studio Presets

That way if/when this happens, you can reset everything back to the default, just by going to Windows>Studio>Reset Studio. After resetting, you can easily get back to the setup you had by going to Window>Studio> and selecting the Preset you created.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

16 minutes ago, jackamus said:

... Was this the reported bug?

Look through the "V2 Bugs found on macOS" forum section, there then especifically after all posts which are tagged with tag 'AF-417' etc.