You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

As of Jan 1, Forum Software issue with Condensed topic stream view

I normally browse through this forum's topics using a custom stream set to show me only topics with content I have not read, using the "Condensed" format. As of January 1st, this 'one line' format stopped working, displaying topics in exactly the same format as the "Expanded" one, as shown below.

1109650816_defaultstream.jpg.873b1df4b050d0cf42575e6936659a17.jpg

I tested with the current Mac versions of the Safari, Firefox, & Google Chrome browsers, & with various window sizes, & all show the same thing.

Can this be fixed?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

6 minutes ago, R C-R said:

I tested with the current Mac versions of the Safari, Firefox, & Google Chrome browsers, & with various window sizes, & all show the same thing.

I see it in Safari on iPad, too.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thanks for confirming that I am not the only one seeing this. I hope the condensed format is not gone for good since it reduces the amount of scrolling needed to see topics of interest.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Gear maker said:

I was just looking at the Invision Community forums and this issue seems to be fixed on their forums.  Any word when we will get the condensed view back again?

Good question Gear Maker...

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

• Staff
20 minutes ago, Gear maker said:

I was just looking at the Invision Community forums and this issue seems to be fixed on their forums.  Any word when we will get the condensed view back again?

We're currently investigating the forum upgrade and we hope to deploy it shortly, but no fixed date at this time, apologies.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

56 minutes ago, Gear maker said:

I was wondering the same thing. I also noticed that since January 1st the current version used here seems to think weeks start on Tuesdays, because topics updated on Mondays are categorized as "Last Week." O.o

Affinity Photo 

It could be iPadOS and Safari; however, if I scroll past say 10 post, read the next one and click top left <, I return to the first post.  Not a big deal, just annoying.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection