gabriel_komorov

[WINDOWS] Spaceman - Workspace Manager for Affinty

Due to lack of native solution I present you Spaceman :)

It allows you to backup and restore workspaces of Photo, Designer and Publisher. There's also sync option if you want to have same UI in Publisher personas and standalone applications.

Spaceman is command line tool with very straightforward operation, backups are created in folder from where it is started.

Feel free to suggest further improvements and give me a shot if you found bug!

Edit:

There was a problem with compiled .exe so now I'm sharing .bat file instead (and also for peace of mind of @CLC;) )

2019-07-20 213806.png

Spaceman.bat

Looks interesting!

Would you mind going into how you created this? I'm wondering if there's a way to create some custom things for my own use

1 hour ago, hadiD said:

Looks interesting!

Would you mind going into how you created this? I'm wondering if there's a way to create some custom things for my own use

All config files are stored in /AppData/Roaming/Affinity what you do with this knowledge is up to you ;)

1 hour ago, CLC said:

@gabriel_komorov Nice.

However... You could just share the original .bat file instead ;)

Error.jpg.c3385a0376a4d752a7613dc46aa1b830.jpg

Damn, you mean you can't run it?

I planned to share .bat but whole thing was hacked in a rush, so it's not prettiest piece of code. Besides is better to give useres something that just works, no questions asked. Oh and this way it can have nice icon too :)

13 hours ago, gabriel_komorov said:

All config files are stored in /AppData/Roaming/Affinity what you do with this knowledge is up to you ;)

Damn, you mean you can't run it?

I planned to share .bat but whole thing was hacked in a rush, so it's not prettiest piece of code. Besides is better to give useres something that just works, no questions asked. Oh and this way it can have nice icon too :)

Of course not, check the compiler's homepage, it clearly states you have to licence a PRO version to distribute your exe.

Just install an OS to a Virtual Machine (ie Oracle Virtual Box) and check for yourself...

To your plans: Users don't care if they run .exe or .bat - they're after its functionality. Also compiling a .bat into .exe means you're hiding something. Maybe something mailicous. It could easily be harvesting Affinity licence files and calling back home sending them to you. Or whatever.

I don't care, ran this in a airgapped VM, just to check out. Could run filemon, regmon and wireshark to spot what it's actually doing around but didn't do that yet. Maybe later :)

@gabriel_komorov I didn't say it does nasty stuff, but that it could be doing nasty stuff.

Anyway, sharing original .bat is always way better than anything compiled :10_wink:

Many thanks, @gabriel_komorov, this is a pretty cool application! Now I might actually spend time customising the Affinity apps to my liking (so far I found it a waste of time since it would get rewritten any time I switch PC).

For those that are a bit confused (as I was) about what happens when you backup: The app takes the configuration files from desired Affinity software and saves them into a folder structure locate wherever the Spaceman.bat file is running from. I.e. If I (1) place the Spaceman.bat in D:\Affinity_backup and (2) take a backup of Affinity Photo named "testBackup", then (3) the resulting backup will be stored in D:\Affinity_backup\Workspaces\Photo\testBackup.