You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export a transparent png

Is there any way to export to a transparent png?

I have my document background set to transparent yet when I export to png the background of the image is white not transparent.

Also the matte option doesn’t allow you to change to transparent, you can only select a color value.

7DE186AB-D2A0-4561-9610-669C50CF5366.png

iPad Pro 9.7” (A1674), Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45

On 8/22/2018 at 7:20 AM, GabrielM said:

First, you would have to go to Document > Canvas > Transparent Canvas. 

Next, you can export it as PNG - leaving the Matte colour as it is. 

There is a switch next to the Matte color button. With that off & a transparent canvas, Affinity Photo exports a PNG with a transparent background even if I set a matte color by tapping on the Matte button. After exporting, the Matte color button returns to white -- any color setting made with the Matte button is not saved. (I am fine with that.)

1123079194_PNGmatteswitch.jpg.468c7e97d025c6a59ed70382f798c5b6.jpg

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 2 years later...

“Hi,

I am also trying to export a PNG with a transparent background. The tutorial shows I can select this option under the AREA tab (choosing between “whole image” or “selection with background”. But when I attempt to export, this AREA tab option is grayed out and not accessible to me. I am a bit frustrated that I can’t figure out how to just export easily with transparent background. I am new to Design so any help would be much appreciated.

23 minutes ago, Salus said:

I am also trying to export a PNG with a transparent background.

On 8/22/2018 at 10:10 PM, Phil K. said:

I have my document background set to transparent yet when I export to png the background of the image is white not transparent.

Note that the iOS viewer has a white canvas so your image with transparent background will appear to have a white background. Try using Documents (Readdle app) viewer and you will see transparent background.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• 3 months later...