You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hanzz,testing the painting abilities of AP

Testing a newly made brush, based on the tuturial provided by PAULO (http://www.paololimoncelli.com/bristles-for-affinity-designer/ )

Mixing goes well. This one was a caricature I started in Mischief, and abandoned.

I won't completely finish it, but it gave me the drive to do a good one very soon....

So keep an eye open on this space... ;)

Schermafbeelding%202015-03-06%20om%2018.

Terrific!

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

• Staff

I agree - this is absolutely marvellous! :D

Hanzz, try doing a quick 'File'->'Save as...' and choosing a new file name. It should (often) shrink the file a little... there is a built-in redundancy in the file format to cope with a possible file system error without losing your whole file, but when you do a 'Save as...' it just writes the file without any of the extra bits of information in it so is often a bit smaller :)

Thanks,

Matt

Matt, that's a good trick, Save As multiple times to compress native file format... Got me thinking, might be a good idea if the app does that multiple pass save automatically...? That's quite a size difference!!!

I agree - this is absolutely marvellous! :D

Hanzz, try doing a quick 'File'->'Save as...' and choosing a new file name. It should (often) shrink the file a little... there is a built-in redundancy in the file format to cope with a possible file system error without losing your whole file, but when you do a 'Save as...' it just writes the file without any of the extra bits of information in it so is often a bit smaller :)

Thanks,

Matt

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

• 3 weeks later...

Trying my hand (only now first chance, time eh...) on the latest Beta. it seems to behave well. I do had occasions that after painting for something like an hour or more, the memory starts to drain to the point where my iMac gets almost on his knees. But restoring memory helps everything back on track, and I'm off for a while. If things get worse, I stop the app, en restart after a while.

Undo's limited to 100.

Chances are, I'll finish this one...... After all this man has finished his job too

Brushes are the same as the previous painting

paintingtest_zpsahes7aya.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

I love to see these pieces :)

It is a proper and exhaustive use of the tools in the app - pushed to the limit! 

Hopefully we have solved some of the problems you encountered earlier, Hanzz, but feel free to let me know if there is more we can do :)

Andy.

Well, the only downside I encountered (to me) was this:

I work in separated windows mode to have the painting alongside the reference picture. When starting out, I pick the colors from the reference, and when I do so, the color appears active in the reference window, but when I switch to the painting window, the color stays the same as before. I know, I have to drag the picker from my painting to the reference, but it is a hassle.

The picker also got it wrong quite a few times, and when that happens, always a light blueish  dark color. (see photo, the pick was an orange - pinkish color....))

Schermafbeelding%202015-05-18%20om%2016.

Conclusion :Maybe if I pick a color from anywhere, the color changes in the desired color on any open document.That would be a great plus.

Thanks for the nice comments

@Retrograde: I uninstalled ArtRage. I never liked it after version 3,5.

As much as I love painting with this game changing app, I will have to let it go.

I keep coming back to it, because it feels so good to work with.

But that bug with the Colorpicker , giving me false information, is ruing  it for me.

I will try again when this is behind us.

It frustrates me too much. Sorry to be such a spoil... :( :unsure:

Schermafbeelding%202015-05-24%20om%2017.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.