You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hanzz,testing the painting abilities of AP

This concludes my Frenzy on painting stuff with AP..

I am getting addicted to it. I had a week of vacations, and so I could get used to the stuff a bit. You can see if you browse this topic, that I feel more and more comfortable with the painitng engine..

This could very well become my prime painting app..

Hope you like this one....Schermafbeelding%202015-05-29%20om%2019.

• Staff

Hi Paolo! :)

You've just got a new (bigger) Cintiq haven't you? (you lucky so and so!) More pixels == more processing, so it's possibly just a side-effect... What's it like on your old Cintiq 13HD? 

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Paolo! :)

You've just got a new (bigger) Cintiq haven't you? (you lucky so and so!) More pixels == more processing, so it's possibly just a side-effect... What's it like on your old Cintiq 13HD? 

Thanks,

Matt

Right... Should try with old one... But... Performances shouldn't depend on my document size?

I used few weeks ago AP and AD with my Intuos Pro and a 27" Dell (same res of Cintiq27) without any fan noise at all.

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

• Staff

The Wacom throws out many more messages than using the mouse (as you probably already know) so the application has to respond to many more requests to update... If you were using the Dell 27" monitor then you probably weren't using the Cintiq 13HD to draw on (you would've probably used the Cintiq's screen when you were drawing with the pen, I'm assuming?) so the workload when you were using it on the Dell 27" screen would've been much less - hence, no fans?

Using it on your new larger Cintiq means more pixels on the screen to update (compared to your 13HD) and more requests to update the screen (compared to just using the app on your 27" Dell). That would make some sense, I think?

I'm only assuming this is what the problem is because I haven't changed anything to do with the brush engine or painting tools for a few weeks that would have any impact on CPU load, so if it's actually acting differently I don't know what the problem is... If there is a problem then just let me know and I'll do my best to sort it out! :)

Thanks,

Matt

The Wacom throws out many more messages than using the mouse (as you probably already know) so the application has to respond to many more requests to update... If you were using the Dell 27" monitor then you probably weren't using the Cintiq 13HD to draw on (you would've probably used the Cintiq's screen when you were drawing with the pen, I'm assuming?) so the workload when you were using it on the Dell 27" screen would've been much less - hence, no fans?

Using it on your new larger Cintiq means more pixels on the screen to update (compared to your 13HD) and more requests to update the screen (compared to just using the app on your 27" Dell). That would make some sense, I think?

I'm only assuming this is what the problem is because I haven't changed anything to do with the brush engine or painting tools for a few weeks that would have any impact on CPU load, so if it's actually acting differently I don't know what the problem is... If there is a problem then just let me know and I'll do my best to sort it out!  :)

Thanks,

Matt

Checked!

Both AD and AP, Cintiq13"/27".

AP: Fans start with 27", almost don't with 13"

AD: Fans start with 27" but less frequently, don't with 13"

Both latest beta, I'm using Gouaches Set.

8196px4096px file.

A this point I think it's due to hw combo...

PS: Anybody interested in a Cintiq 13HD?  :P

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

I'm affraid it's completely broken, now....

With the mouse I can select colors as expected. With the wacom stylus, nothing works, it gives always this.(see image)

The wheelcolor is on black, and the two selected colors (foreground/background), as well as the colorpicker swatch all change to white....

Schermafbeelding%202015-06-25%20om%2008.

• Staff

Hanzz, your opacity is 0% so the colour will show as white because the background of those colour 'wells' is white. Try setting the opacity to 100% and see if it works?

Thanks again for all your time with this - we really do want to make it work for you! :)

Matt

[EDIT] I think I've figured out what's happening? Does it work correctly for you when you sample from your document, but not when you sample from UI elements? If I release Alt before releasing the mouse and I'm over a UI element then it picks up a colour with 0% opacity for me (incorrectly). It works in all other cases (this is with my Cintiq 13HD). I can definitely fix this. Does yours work the same as I have described?

to continue on the topic of th e colorpicker: I can get it to work as expected, if I use the alt key whilst dragging the stylus.

If I use the assigned key, attached to my stylus button, it's going wrong big time.

could this be my (Belgian) keyboard saying "alt" instead of "option"?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.