You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Updated] Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.1.2.23074)

Yes, the default behavior could be the current one.

In FreeHand, when joining a text to a curve, the curve would disappear. But we had an option to make it visible.

However, the text inside a shape would NOT make the shape disappear.

But I would not mind that it would go on as it is, as long as we could, optionally, make it visible and adjustable again.

Huge problem :

MAJ doesn't work for multiple selections (in the panel Layers, click a object, click another object with MAJ, all objects between them are selected)

CMD doesn't work too for the same action (select several objects who don't follow them)

Another bug :

In panel Layers, drag and drop a layer or an object on the icon "Add a new layer" doesn't work.

I'm crying...

CMD+clic on an object in the panel layer > selection like photoshop. Strange behaviour.

CMD is replaced by CTRL ?

Export has changed : resolution is now the same in photoshop. Good !

Extension is missed when exporting in png (don't have try other formats). Please, add extension to prevent mistakes.

French translation :

Donut > Anneau (I prefer donut, it makes me smile) but in layers panel, translation is "circulaire". Not good.

Some translations are too long. Layer Effects > Colour Overlay and Gradient Overlay are in french "Superposition d…" and "Superposition d…". Hard to know who is who !

The corner tool is now debugged : great !

• Staff

Haha! Sorry! Mondays are bad for us too - Dave's not in the office on Mondays and he's our text guru, so anything relating to the new Path Text feature has to come from him, so that's why we're waiting for Tuesdays again - hopefully we can release something in a few hours now :)

Shape Polygon : when you change "curve", the software crashes very very often.

Almost always.

With the little red point, no probem but when you enter a value > crash.

I've discovered something :

In the layers panel, click on the thumbnail has no effect. I must click on the name of the layers to get CMD and MAJ operant.

In AD 1.1.2, you can click on thumbnails or name of layers.

About the brush tool :

MattP : shorcut Ctrl+Option doesn't work. I hope we will see too Ctrl+Option+Cmd (smooth brush). These 2 shortcuts were a liberation for me with Photoshop and my mouse !

• Staff

@lenogre

You have to click and hold the mouse before pressing ctrl+option to make it work.

[EDIT] This behaviour was due to a particular app interfering with Affinity Designer on my system. To change the size/hardness of the Paint Brush in Pixel Persona press ctrl+alt and drag (horizontally for size; vertically for hardness). No need to click first.

• Staff

That's what i was talking about in another thread. If i have the brush selected in Pixel persona and press ctrl+alt and drag the mouse (Magic Mouse) it moves the Affinity Designer window for me (this in Mavericks - have to check in Yosemite).

I have to click and hold the mouse, then press ctrl+alt and only then drag the mouse to change size/hardness.

[EDIT] This behaviour was due to a particular app interfering with Affinity Designer on my system. The shortcut is working as it should.

• Staff

We've got Mavericks machines too and it isn't showing that behaviour? You wouldn't be able to make a very quick movie showing it would you (just incase there's something we've not realised!) Thanks! :)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.