VectorVonDoom

1966 Batmobile (AD)

I originally did this in Illustrator but it was missing something and needed more work so spent the last few days redoing it in AD although I did use the main underlying shapes, seemed pointless doing those again. It's a good improvement on the original. Being so long and thin it loses a lot of detail at low res even on the close up though.

1966 Batmobile.jpg

1966 Batmobile Close Up.jpg

It looks a bit strange but it's correct. I based it on a photo and it's just the way they lit it. The photo was of a replica made by the same people who made the original, Barris Kustom. But for some reason they used different side badges so I changed it to use the original one.

19 hours ago, Orville said:

The original and best.

@Orville So true :12_slight_smile:

(iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS 10.14.6 Mojave)

1 hour ago, limas.design said:

Wow, looks like made with 3D program. Nice work! O.o:)

I quite agree with @GarryP , shadow looks a bit strange.

But overall, stunning work. ;)

Thanks. Perhaps I should have ignored how they lit the scene and done a more standard looking shadow.  Not exactly a big thing to change.

1966 Batmobile.jpg

The original shadow looked weird to me too. Maybe from an odd lighting angle.

Any rate, fine work.

Next, you need to put in the promotion model. I'm thinking the Julie Newmar Catwoman, sitting on the hood, flicking the windshield with a finger, and a script phrase like "Why Batman, when I hear this roar, I want to purr..." xD

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet