Sign in to follow this  
iriskin

Clone Brush Tool (Stamp) in Affinity Designer

Hello!

Help me find Clone Brush Tool (analog Clone Stamp Tool in Photoshop) in Affinity Designer, please ? Or how can I implement this tool in  Affinity Designer?

Hi iriskin,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

The Clone Brush Tool is only available in Affinity Photo which is our photo editing software. Designer doesn't have this as it's not intended to be used to perform complex image editing operations.

MEB, thank you for answer.

I think Clone/Stamp is important tool for most tasks and simple operations (no editing photo) . 

I try use full version Affinity Designer for Web/UI design and i need this tools (clone/normal magic wand)  for comfortable work.

Now I have to use two products for some action.

But I still really like the Affinity :)

I hope that these tools will be in Affinity Designer later.

I agree totally with iriskin. A clone brush tool is not an advanced function. It's a basic function though. Not having this option, means I have to take my projects out of Affinity Designer and into a graphics program to do even the smallest touch ups, often going back and forth several times. Extremely time consuming and - to say the least - annoying. A Repair Brush tool and a Clone Brush tool ought to be a minimum standard for a graphics tool that boasts a pixel editing capability...

I'm a graphic artist who has worked with PS in its various iterations for years.  Unhappy about paying thirty bucks a month for a professional subscription and checking out Affinity on the ten-day trial right now.  At first glance I'm impressed.  At second, actually loading and playing inside the program,  it seems to have a simple workflow with all the shortcuts and quickbuttons I'm used to, enhancing the learning curve... BUT immediately upon importing a project and trying to work with it as I would normally, I notice some aspects missing that I'd consider absolute essentials for a 'minimum standard', as Norway4T says above, and some peculiar responses that feel like glitches.    

a)  There is no easy way to merge or delete layers en masse - ridiculous.   The 'merge visible' or 'delete hidden' control is crucial for getting through blends quickly and efficiently.
b)  Where is my clone brush?   One hard-edge, one soft-edge:  so vital for making basic repairs to any pixel-based image.  
c)  copying over multiple layers from one project to another seems to produce uneven results, edges misaligned or showing up in strange ways.  C&P should be exact, not approximate.
d) Switching from one tool to another should not also switch you into a different layer.  You can really foul up your project by drawing or erasing on the wrong layer, especially if it already contains pixels which you are 'painting over' or images you are enhancing.  At the very minimum, you lose the work you've done if you've, say, traced directly on your reference image rather than the layer above it, as a simple example.
e)  This might be me missing something, but the 'flood fill' doesn't seem to have an opacity control with it, just a boundary sensitivity.  I tried adjusting it in the colour panel on the right with no results, and then tried 'fill opacity' under the Effects tabe, which made my entire original image opaquing, but had no effect on the actual level of fill.  Sometime you just want a subtle blush of colour added to an object, not the crude spraycan of MS Paint.

Can someone give me some workarounds, or are there pro solutions coming to these issues?   With appreciation - Bard

9 hours ago, Bard Judith said:

Can someone give me some workarounds, or are there pro solutions coming to these issues?   With appreciation - Bard

I suggest you download Affinity Photo instead. That is a Photoshop type image editing program.

Designer is an illustration program, like Adobe illustrator. Although it does have some basic image editing features.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

I think if you should take into consideration the suggestion to implement The Clone Brush Tool in DESIGNER, because in many forums and reviews this tool is located as "The true alternative to fireworks", and Fireworks had this tool, it would even be a great boost to the tool. I bought it recently and I liked it, but I missed The Clone Brush Tool, without necessarily (photoshop or affinity photo).

Do not be like ADOBE, listen to the users :)

Please add the clone brush. Right now I must use a 2nd bitmap editor.  Not happy about that.

Serif, I am not going to put out another $50 just to get a tool that is available in any other (free) bitmap editor. 
In the long term you will get more market share for a product that people love. I would have rather paid $100 for a product that wasn't gimped. 

Same for the missing crop tool in the photo side.

This is stupid, clone stamp tool its part of a BASIC set of tools. Now, i need to download PS and open TWO apps to do something basic even 10 years ago.
Really Sad Serif team.

Hi matiaspinto,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
It is a basic tool for a photo editor, but Affinity Designer is an illustration/design application. It's closer to Adobe Illustrator than Photoshop.We are trying to keep the apps as much focused in their own areas as possible. If you need to perform more advanced retouching/photo editing you can switch/send the whole document to Affinity Photo (in case you have it) going to menu File > Edit in Photo. Do the same in Photo when you want to switch back to Designer.

On 7/17/2019 at 7:32 PM, MEB said:

It is a basic tool for a photo editor, but Affinity Designer is an illustration/design application.

Then why did you include a Photo persona within the Designer in the first place???

I own both Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo and it's a drag to go to Affinity Photo every time i need to do some basic clone brush work.

I strongly agree with everybody who previously posted, this is a very simple photo editing operation and it should be included
in the Photo persona of the Affinity Designer.

EDIT: I noticed it's included now in Publisher with the LINK feature if you own both Designer & Photo.
Why not at least include this feature in Affinity Designer if you own Affinity Photo? Hopefully it's coming in 1.8.

But it would be ideal for it to be a native feature of Affinity Designer.