You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Store Account Creation And Order/license Queries

• Staff

This article relates to purchases direct from our own store https://affinity.store 

We license Affinity Software for iPad and Mac OS through their respective App stores, independently of Windows and the license is not transferable and needs to be bought for each independent OS (Windows/Mac/iOS) you wish to use it on.

If you have a query regarding a placed order, that query should not be dealt with in a public forum like this, as we do not recommend sharing personal details like email address in public posts.

Here are some solutions to common problems

Where is the Designer 1.5 Launch offer Free Content?

If you ordered Affinity Designer for Windows software during the launch offer, you should have received 3 emails 

• 1 of 3 Welcome to Affinity (for Account Creation)
  • 2 of 3 Affinity order confirmation AXXXXXXXXX (for a Software Order or Workbook order)
  • 3 of 3 Affinity Product Key - Order AXXXXXXXXX (for a Software Order) 

In the one titled "Affinity order confirmation - AXXXXXXXXX" you will find 2 buttons one to download the software and one called "Get the freebies" that links to the Grade-UI kit etc. You will not find this link in your online Affinity store account, only in the order confirmation email.

Order emails have not arrived

If you have ordered/paid for software on the Affinity store, you should have received 3 emails

• 1 of 3 Welcome to Affinity (for Account Creation)
  • 2 of 3 Affinity order confirmation - AXXXXXXXXX (for a Software Order or Workbook order)
  • 3 of 3 Affinity Product Key - Order AXXXXXXXXX (for a Software Order) 

If you did not get these (and they are not in your spam folder) then you will probably need our assistance to resolve this.

As you have paid for the software we will locate your account and either refund the payment or if the email was typed in incorrectly, change the email address over to the corrected one.

To get us to start this process, please email affinity@serif.com with your name, email address used on the order and how you paid and tell us what you bought (and when). We will do our best to find your account. and once found, we can tell you how to proceed. If it was an error in the email address used to create the account we will tell you what address it was created with and you can follow the next set of instructions in this post.

Incorrect Email Address (but you know what you typed wrong)

If you have ordered/paid for software, but accidentally used an incorrect email address on your account, then you should login to the account using the wrong email address (if you know what you typed and the password for the account) and change the email address to the corrected one. Your account will from that point onwards use the new email address for logging in.

Changing Account Email Address

If you wish to change the address used for your Serif Account then you may. All previous Affinity software product keys generated using the original address will remain unchanged. You should always install the software with the email address and product key pair as they were when you placed the order, and as they appear in your account order downloads page

Returns and refunds

If you are not satisfied with your product for any reason, you may return it within a 14 day period after receipt of your product to receive a full refund to affinityreturns@serif.com . See the returns section of our help and support page for more details.

How do I obtain a VAT receipt?
See the Billing section of our help and support page for more details.

Licensing

Digital Software orders made from the Affinity Store can be installed by one user on any number of Windows PCs that are for the sole use of one person, OR on one computer for any number of users on it. The legal wording is replicated in the Digital Orders section in the store help guide.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hi

I just recently purchased a copy of Affinity Designer for windows and I'm loving it.

I would like to know if there is a way I can purchase it for someone else as a gift since I am unable to see that option anywhere on the store page?

Thank you

Hi everybody,

I just purchased the Windows Version of Affinity Designer after really loving to work with the Beta Version.

I now do have the problem that the installation fails.

The note that I receive when I type in my e-mail address and the product key says that it is rather an invalid e-mail address or a wrong product key.

I doublechecked both and they are correct yet the installation still fails.

What can I do?

I need to work with the program on a current project.

Thank you for your help in advance.

• Staff

Hi everybody,

I just purchased the Windows Version of Affinity Designer after really loving to work with the Beta Version.

I now do have the problem that the installation fails.

The note that I receive when I type in my e-mail address and the product key says that it is rather an invalid e-mail address or a wrong product key.

I doublechecked both and they are correct yet the installation still fails.

What can I do?

I need to work with the program on a current project.

Thank you for your help in advance.

The easiest thing is to log into your account and on the Downloads and Product key page, use the Copy button to put them on the clipboard exactly as they are in our database. Then use Paste (Ctrl+V) or the paste button next to the Product key field in the installer dialog to get them in as we expect.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

aleksgorbachev,

Welcome to the Serif affinity forums :-)

There is no Windows trial for Affinity Designer at the moment. In a few weeks one will be added to the Affinity site here affinity.serif.com/designer .

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Hello,

My question is about a license. You wrote that as a person, I can install the Affinity Designer on any number of computers I personally use. But did the license allows me only to use the Designer only for personal/hobby use or also to make commercial work?

Can I sell my graphics made with the Designer?

Another case - if I will make some graphics e.g. for a conference I organize at my university (as a university employee) - am I allowed to use Designer I will buy for myself?

Greetings!

• Staff

Hello,

My question is about a license. You wrote that as a person, I can install the Affinity Designer on any number of computers I personally use. But did the license allows me only to use the Designer only for personal/hobby use or also to make commercial work?

Can I sell my graphics made with the Designer?

Another case - if I will make some graphics e.g. for a conference I organize at my university (as a university employee) - am I allowed to use Designer I will buy for myself?

Greetings!

The relevant section of the license agreement is précised here https://affinity.store/help. It basically says that for your own use you can install it on any number of computers (that you control) OR you can install it on one single computer for any number of people to use.  This is for personal or commercial use. We hope you do sell the graphics made with it :)

We will shortly have the full (English) license agreement available online. I will edit the first post in this thread when we have that online.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Incorrect Email Address (but you know what you typed wrong)

If you have ordered/paid for software, but accidentally used an incorrect email address on your account, then you should login to the account using the wrong email address (if you know what you typed and the password for the account) and change the email address to the corrected one. Your account will from that point onwards use the new email address for logging in.

DANG! ... i ordered me a win copy yesterday. And exactly. I . Entered . The . Wrong . Email. It just was missing a dot. Tho i was able to change it in the account settings. Right after that i sent you an email with the detail your posted in this thread (name, orderday, etc.. )

Sorry and thanks in advance.

CMPLX.

EDIT: Thanks a lot. i've got em now. :)

Any feedback on this?

Thank you.

I believe at the moment you have to buy two separate licences, one for each platform. I think that this is because Mac sales go through the Apple store (possibly this is to avoid Gatekeeper security issues with installing non-store Mac software, which I have seen crop up in other software), and Apple does not share individual sales information, so Serif has no way to tie the two licences together.

However, this is only my understanding from reading other forum threads, I am not a Serif employee, and it is possible I have misinterpreted.

Even with two licences, it still works out a lot cheaper than a single-program monthly subscription from a certain other company over the likely lifetime (my guess) of the 1.x product.

• Staff

obtusity is correct. We sell a license for Windows PCs and the Apple App Store sells a license for the Mac OS version.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

I have been trying to purchase Affinity Designer for Windows since its release, but I have not been able to as a result of a server error (I guess that what it is?). I have filled out all of the criteria needed in order to purchase a license, but every time when I submit my order it comes back with Error 500 "There was a problem handling your request."

I was wondering if anyone else ran into this problem and has since figured a solution for it. It is pretty annoying, not only because I missed the early buy specials because of this, but provided that I am still experiencing this error. Any insight would be helpful. Thank you.

• Staff

Welcome to the forum MeanDeane :)

This is an issue that we're aware of. For some unknown reason their was an error taking payment or passing your order details from PayPal to our store. Our Web team are hoping to roll out an update to our store soon to fix this error and give more information explaining why the error occurred. You can either wait a few days and try again or if you have a debit/credit card, use that instead. Feel free to PM me to discuss this further.

Welcome to the forum MeanDeane :)

This is an issue that we're aware of. For some unknown reason their was an error taking payment or passing your order details from PayPal to our store. Our Web team are hoping to roll out an update to our store soon to fix this error and give more information explaining why the error occurred. You can either wait a few days and try again or if you have a debit/credit card, use that instead. Feel free to PM me to discuss this further.

Thank you for the follow up. I did try using credit/debit as well as the PayPal option, but the result was the same. I will try again in the future. 

• Staff

Thank you for the follow up. I did try using credit/debit as well as the PayPal option, but the result was the same. I will try again in the future. 

We've rolled out some changes to our store today. Can you try again? Keep us updated :)

I was trying to avoid using the forum for this, but unfortunately affinityorders@serif.com is lacking in the agility department. After 8-9 business days after my order I contacted them because I hadn't received my Workbook yet. They sent me a screenshot that sets the delivery date to January 4th (!).via Standard Int'l Shipping. The help page states very clearly that delivery would be in 5-7 business days, and I paid US$ 20 for it (that's half the price of the book).

I've contacted them again twice and they didn't bother to answer anymore. Perhaps someone here can help me understand what's going on?

Hi

I presume this is this is the most appropriate place to post this.

I am impressed with your software and was about to purchase Affinity Photo but notice that the price is show in my local currency and there appears no opportunity to change it to US$.

The price is US$39.99. or AUD$63

At current rates the price would be AUD$53.65 or even with a 3% surcharge AUD$55.86.

Unless there is a good reason for the difference, I am not impressed.

This additional charge amounts to about 13% of the purchase price.

I don't see any need to post this on the site but I would appreciate a response.

Can you please give customers the opportunity to purchase in US$. Your business is selling software not making profits out of exchange rates.

Great Software

Regards

Woodie

The relevant section of the license agreement is précised here https://affinity.store/help. It basically says that for your own use you can install it on any number of computers (that you control) OR you can install it on one single computer for any number of people to use.  This is for personal or commercial use.

Doesn't the licence only allow the licensee to make commercial use of the product, meaning that other users of the same single computer must purchase their own licences if their use is commercial rather than personal?  :huh:

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

The full licence agreement is here https://affinity.serif.com/license

The way I read it I'm correct, indeed the personal license is more generous than I suggested

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

The price is US$39.99. or AUD$63

At current rates the price would be AUD$53.65 or even with a 3% surcharge AUD$55.86.

Unless there is a good reason for the difference, I am not impressed.

Welcome to the Affinity Forums, Woodie. :)

Whether the reason is good or not is clearly debatable, but Affinity products for Mac are sold through the Mac App Store (MAS), where the software producer sets the price in US dollars and Apple's pricing matrix determines the price charged in other locations. To make sure that there is no disparity between the prices of Mac licences and Windows licences, prices in the Affinity Store use the same pricing matrix. AUD (and NZD) prices currently seem to be disproportionately high because of this.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Affinity products for Mac are sold through the Mac App Store (MAS), where the software producer sets the price in US dollars and Apple's pricing matrix determines the price charged in other locations. To make sure that there is no disparity between the prices of Mac licences and Windows licences, prices in the Affinity Store use the same pricing matrix. AUD (and NZD) prices currently seem to be disproportionately high because of this.

Back in March 2013 Apple, Adobe and Microsoft appeared before an Australian federal parliamentary committee hearing into the pricing of their products in Australia. The investigation was set up following a long campaign by Labor backbencher Ed Husic, who had accused some information technology companies of "ripping off" Australian consumers.

Apple's spokesperson Tony King defended his company's Australian prices and responded "Price considerations must go well beyond simply looking up a currency exchange rate," he said. "For example, Apple must consider differences between countries in product costs, freight charges, local sales taxes, levies, import duties, channel economics, competition and local laws regarding advertised prices."

I'm not at all knocking Serif. They are, quite fairly, charging Windows OS users the same price as Apple users are charged through MAS as pointed out by you Alfred. Considering Tony King's pathetic defence Apple just gets on with the business of, no doubt, fleecing most countries outside of the USA with their creative exchange rate.