You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Store Account Creation And Order/license Queries

obtusity is correct. We sell a license for Windows PCs and the Apple App Store sells a license for the Mac OS version.

I have a Windows 10 desktop PC and a MacBook Pro, and I'd like to be able to use your apps on both. However, the idea of purchasing two copies of the same app is fairly off-putting to me. Have you considered offering a discount or coupon for users who have already purchased the app for another OS?

So I already own Affinity, just downloaded the Beta Version, was working fine, now its telling me I need a purchase of Affinity, which I have. I don't have an Affinity Store account, purchased it off the app store, is that the issue? I have already downloaded the newest version.

• Staff

Montana_907,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

Owning the Mac App Store version doesn't give you a license for the Windows version. They are sold independently, sorry if that wasn't clear

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hi there,

I have again a question concerning private and commercial use at the same time :)

if you are a private individual, to download, install, use and run for personal use, one (1) copy of the Serif Software directly on each computer running Microsoft Windows (“Windows Computer”) that you personally own or control. Commercial use is permitted but only use by you and not by any other users of any Windows Computers that you own or control. For example, other members of your household that use your Windows Computers may make personal use of the Serif Software whereas, if anyone other than yourself needs to make commercial use of the Serif Software, the other user will need to make a separate purchase.

Is it possible to purcase Affinity Studio using it on my Windows PC at home (private) and using it on my Windows PC and/or Laptop at my company (commercial) at the same time, ensuring that the software is only used commercially by me?

Thanks in advance

Stefan

I was trying to avoid using the forum for this, but unfortunately affinityorders@serif.com is lacking in the agility department. After 8-9 business days after my order I contacted them because I hadn't received my Workbook yet. They sent me a screenshot that sets the delivery date to January 4th (!).via Standard Int'l Shipping. The help page states very clearly that delivery would be in 5-7 business days, and I paid US$ 20 for it (that's half the price of the book).

I've contacted them again twice and they didn't bother to answer anymore. Perhaps someone here can help me understand what's going on?

Anyone?

• Staff

I was trying to avoid using the forum for this, but unfortunately affinityorders@serif.com is lacking in the agility department. After 8-9 business days after my order I contacted them because I hadn't received my Workbook yet. They sent me a screenshot that sets the delivery date to January 4th (!).via Standard Int'l Shipping. The help page states very clearly that delivery would be in 5-7 business days, and I paid US$ 20 for it (that's half the price of the book).

I've contacted them again twice and they didn't bother to answer anymore. Perhaps someone here can help me understand what's going on?

Is it possible to send me a PM with your email address? I will see what I can find out for you :)

Morning from Italy ..

I would like to purchase a copy of the program, (Affinity Photo for Windows) but I can not regenerate the password ....

I forgot the password for account access and I can not 'to regenerate it.

Can you help me?

I WOULD LIKE TO BUY THE PROGRAM.

Thanks a lot from Italy

Max aka mxardo

maximum Ardondi

Mxardo

I keep trying to sign-in to Affinity and get an error about password. I do the "send email" selection and nothing arrives in  my email. What gives. I purchased the application and would like to install it on my MacBook Pro. It is installed on my iMac 27".

• Staff

Massimo and WKMPellucid

You need to create an Affinity Store account from scratch to buy Affinity Photo for Windows. Unless you already bought Affinity Designer for Windows or the Designer Workbook you won't have an account. The forum account and any legacy Serif.com accounts are not relevant to purchase.

If the password reminder sent nothing you don't have an account yet

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

I don't want Affinity Photo for windows. I already own it for Apple Mac OS.

Then you don't need to sign in at all. That button near the hamburger menu is just for our Affinity Store

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Is it possible to purcase Affinity Studio using it on my Windows PC at home (private) and using it on my Windows PC and/or Laptop at my company (commercial) at the same time, ensuring that the software is only used commercially by me?

Bump :)

• Staff

Is it possible to purcase Affinity Studio using it on my Windows PC at home (private) and using it on my Windows PC and/or Laptop at my company (commercial) at the same time, ensuring that the software is only used commercially (on my company PC) by me?

No,unless you are self employed, your work computer is not controlled by you and so a second licence is required.

Sorry this reply took so long

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

No,unless you are self employed, your work computer is not controlled by you and so a second licence is required.

If you are an employee who is in a position to ensure that the software is only used by you, even if it's installed on a computer which happens to be owned by your employer, doesn't that count as "controlled by you"? :huh:

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

My answer was clear even if you don't think so Alfred

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

My answer was clear even if you don't think so Alfred

I didn't think your answer was unclear, Patrick! I'm just a little surprised that a computer which is provided for the sole use of an employee is apparently regarded as not being "controlled by" that employee for Affinity licensing purposes.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

The Affinity Store only has a record of purchases made on the store (Affinity Windows software and the Affinity Designer Workbook)

Serif have no record of purchases made on the Apple App Store. They do not share their customer data, and we would be thrown off if we tracked them or attempted to circumvent their sales processes.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Returns and refunds

If you are not satisfied with your product for any reason, you may return it within a 14 day period after receipt of your product to receive a full refund to affinityreturns@serif.com . See the returns section of our help and support page for more details.

I have a question about this. Can I return a product to exchange it for the same product? The version I purchased has faulty behavior. I love the program, but some things are not working properly, so I need a more stable version of this product. Do you do exchanges, or should any bugs be addressed in the future updates?

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!