You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Trial for Windows

Hello,

your software seems to be very promising and I'm also waiting for a windows trial version, hoping the release date and a link to the trial application form will be posted right here.

Your website is very impressive, however - as was criticised before - as a designer I'm not really looking for pretty websites, but for information. Neither was I able to find detailed screenshots nor a featurelist, or, if that would be too long, at least a good description of what can be achieved with the designer, maybe in comparison to other well known vector or pixel graphic software. I wasn't even able to find information about trial versions until I used Google.

Of course I imagine you're very busy programming, and I certainly don't want to tell you how to run your business, but I know that selling your software and having very satisfied customers are THE most important aspects for becoming successful. Should I find Affinity Designer to be the right solution for us, I might still hesitate to buy it, because neglecting ground rules of sales efforts makes me wonder, if you'll be able to continue the development for long. Whereas the price is affordable, as designers we want to rely on a longterm availability and continuous future development, because familiarizing with new software is expensive and counter productive.

Anke

@Anke: on the affinity.serif.com/ home page click on the menu button in the upper right corner. Then click on either Affinity Photo or Designer from the app list. In the page that opens, there should be quite a bit of info about the app, & if you scroll all the way to the bottom of the page, you should see a link to view the full feature list.

These product pages are perhaps overly fond of the "Web 2.0" styles now in vogue, so getting to the bottom of the page can require an annoying amount of scrolling, but the links are there.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

@Anke: on the affinity.serif.com/ home page click on the menu button in the upper right corner. Then click on either Affinity Photo or Designer from the app list. In the page that opens, there should be quite a bit of info about the app, & if you scroll all the way to the bottom of the page, you should see a link to view the full feature list.

These product pages are perhaps overly fond of the "Web 2.0" styles now in vogue, so getting to the bottom of the page can require an annoying amount of scrolling, but the links are there.

There's no need to scroll: just press the End key on your keyboard. ;) (You might need to press it a couple of times if the page content hasn't loaded completely.)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On the Mac there's no End key.

Doh! I might have known!! :rolleyes:

Edit:

on small keyboards without numeric keypad

Ah, OK. Thanks for the clarification. Like most (all?) small Windows laptops, mine doesn't have a numeric keypad; however, I have separate keys for Home, End, PgUp and PgDn. Some smaller keyboards require the user to press other keys together with the Fn key to access these functions.

To get the same result press fn + right arrow key.

Thanks for the insight. B)

Alfred spacer.png

There's no need to scroll: just press the End key on your keyboard. ;) (You might need to press it a couple of times if the page content hasn't loaded completely.)

I use a full sized Mac keyboard. It has an End key but even after the page source has loaded completely it is still necessary to tap it multiple times to get to the bottom of the page. This is not unusual for web pages that are generated dynamically from scripts that respond to user actions rather than the traditional "Web 1.0" static pages that display everything at once.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Yeah, well, you know  - time is money :lol: THX

PS as you see we're all eagerly waiting for a windows trial - keep us posted please!

I'm not sure if this will work (it depends on your licensing process) but if the trial is ready then why not put it on dropbox or something similar so we can all start using it sooner?  That way we won't have to wait for your website to be up and running and you'll get feedback sooner.

The Windows trials are now available, here's the link:

https://affin.co/wintrial

Just scroll down until you see the blue links :)

Just a suggestion for the site home page but it would probably help to make the links to the trials info more obvious on the Menu page. As it is, it isn't very obvious that clicking on "Blog" is the way to do this.

Affinity Photo 

The trial links are also available from the bottom of each program page as usual.

True, but due to the dynamic way the page content is displayed, getting these pages to scroll all the way to the bottom is not as easy as it could be. It also does not help that the links are displayed as small grey text on a while background, making them easy to overlook once you get the page to scroll to them.

There is plenty of room at the top of the page for these links to be displayed as small buttons, just like the two huge 'Buy' ones. I understand why the marketing people want the 'Buy' buttons & all the marketing hype to to dominate the page, but realistically, the trials are at least as effective a marketing tool as all that.

Affinity Photo 

• Staff

If you want to share the love please use these links

affinity.serif.com/designer/trial and affinity.serif.com/photo/trial

Thanks

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 5 months later...
On 13/07/2017 at 2:30 PM, pluggedbean said:

Hi Guys , i have the trail for windows downloaded and installed but when i open it i get told the trail has expired ? 

2017-07-13_15-28-25.jpg

Your screenshot is from a pre-release public beta build which expired long ago. You need to fetch a separate download of the trial version (which, as @MEB has explained, will work for ten consecutive days from the first time you run it).

Alfred spacer.png