You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Public Beta (1.5.0.2)

I installed Affinity Beta for Windows and despite the language Portuguese Brazil in the Edit options, I could get through to the Portuguese, even when prompted to restart the software. Is that so? Portuguese Brazil only in the paid version? Agredecido the information! Thank you very much!

Hi Tatyana,

Cancel the iinstallation (if it's still running) and download and install the .Net Framework prerequisite from this link: Microsoft Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 (Offline Installer).

Then try to install Affinity Designer again.

Hello MEB!

Thanks for the quick reply :) Network has been downloaded program is installed. But there is a problem, the program does not start out :( only upload a logo, then it disappears and all of the fallback interface on the monitor do not have :(

• Staff

I installed Affinity Beta for Windows and despite the language Portuguese Brazil in the Edit options, I could get through to the Portuguese, even when prompted to restart the software. Is that so? Portuguese Brazil only in the paid version? Agredecido the information! Thank you very much!

Hi Carlos,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

The translations are not finished yet so you may find some issues during the Beta development. There's no commercial version yet. The program is still in development thus the Beta on its name.

Hi,

testing the Beta.
Here are some things I found out:

- Zooming is not working properly with the numpad (zoom in = "Ctrl & =" :mellow:  why not "Ctrl & +"?)

- Pasting text is weird, every string is put in a separate layer and they are grouped

- How to edit the content of text layers?

- Cropping tool: missing the cropping from both sides by holding ALT

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Hey, there!

First of all, congratulation for the beta release under Windows system, Affinity team! You have really Awesome product out there and now this candy bag is available for Windows users like me, delicious!

I want to contributing with my beta reports and attach screenshot of my second crash of Designer. This happen when using the Artistic Text Tool and double clicking on the canvas in attempt to write some new letter, Designer immediately crash.

post-32166-0-54734300-1467312984_thumb.png

Hi Arek,

Can you give me the install location that you installed Affinity into please? There is currently a known issue whereby installing to a folder containing special/accented characters will cause the issue you are seeing.

i have the same issue. 

C:\Program Files\Serif\Affinity Designer Public Beta

• Staff

Hey, there!

First of all, congratulation for the beta release under Windows system, Affinity team! You have really Awesome product out there and now this candy bag is available for Windows users like me, delicious!

I want to contributing with my beta reports and attach screenshot of my second crash of Designer. This happen when using the Artistic Text Tool and double clicking on the canvas in attempt to write some new letter, Designer immediately crash.

Thanks for the report. We will try to reproduce and fix the issue.

I work almost exclusively with SVG files. I have decided to Beta test this to see if it is any better than Draw Plus X8 when it comes to supporting SVG. DP does not understand the standard SVG filters. It also does not understand SVG patterns. And it does not understand SVG symbols.

So, the first thing I tried was opening an SVG file that uses SVG patterns and SVG filters. Sadly, Affinity just ignores both. Given that SVG is the official vector graphic format for the web, this is a complete deal breaker for me. After all, even the free Inkscape can and does handle SVG filters, patterns and symbols, so how can an award winning professional graphic design software application not support a fully documented vector graphic format and not even issue a warning?

Thank you,

Adam

• Staff

Hi Adam,

Inkscape understands everything about SVG because... it's native file format is SVG and hence everything it ever reads or writes is SVG. Affinity does understand common filter structures for blur and shadow on import. It currently doesn't support other things, but we can improve this over time wherever we have an equivalent function within the application to map it onto. You're right that it doesn't support SVG fully - but many other applications don't (Illustrator is a vrey good example of a package that you'd expect to support SVG well, but doesn't) - it's all simply a matter of priorities and timing. SVG is super-important for you, but not everyone requires the same features, in the same order.

We'll get there in time.

Matt

Hello, I'm using Windows 10 with the Russian language, and attempts to open the files in a way that have Russian letters (Cyrillic) there are problems, with the problem depends on the file format:

1. When you try to open the file AI program crash occurs

2. When you open an EPS file error occurs http://i.imgur.com/3SNW1nE.png

3. When you try to open a PDF file error occurs http://i.imgur.com/fx8mlHj.png

4. PSD files and SVG open normally.

Thanks in advance for your work!

Please can someone explain how this public beta will works Where are bugs submitted? How can I check for issues before i submit a duplicate bug?

Apart from the fun of trying out the Beta software, and helping improve it, are there any benefits like a free version of the software when it it released?

D Green

• Staff

Please can someone explain how this public beta will works Where are bugs submitted? How can I check for issues before i submit a duplicate bug?

Apart from the fun of trying out the Beta software, and helping improve it, are there any benefits like a free version of the software when it it released?

D Green

Hi David,

With the Public Beta there will be a new build hopefully every week and this will posted in a topic similar to this. Installing it will automatically overwrite the previous build update it to the latest.

With regards to reporting issues as it is a public beta with a large amount of users we do not have a publicly accessible database. So we do ask you to start a new thread for any issues you encounter. Don't worry too much about creating a thread about something that has already been reported, if you've found an issue that has already been reported we will generally let you know (or other users will). Unfortunately we aren't able to offer free versions of the software to public beta testers - however the software is sold at a very reasonable price and considerably cheaper than the Plus range of software.

Thanks

• Staff

Hello, I'm using Windows 10 with the Russian language, and attempts to open the files in a way that have Russian letters (Cyrillic) there are problems, with the problem depends on the file format:
1. When you try to open the file AI program crash occurs
2. When you open an EPS file error occurs http://i.imgur.com/3SNW1nE.png
3. When you try to open a PDF file error occurs http://i.imgur.com/fx8mlHj.png
4. PSD files and SVG open normally.

Thanks in advance for your work!

Thanks for the information. We will get this fixed.

• Staff

Hi,

testing the Beta.

Here are some things I found out:

- Zooming is not working properly with the numpad (zoom in = "Ctrl & =" :mellow:  why not "Ctrl & +"?)

- Pasting text is weird, every string is put in a separate layer and they are grouped

- How to edit the content of text layers?

- Cropping tool: missing the cropping from both sides by holding ALT

Hi Mindhunter

- I agree, this has already been reported and is with the developers!

- I cannot reproduce this issue. Pasting text will always paste it as a Frame Text object allowing me to double click it to edit it. How are you pasting the text?

- If you have a text object you can double click it with the Move Tool selected to switch to the corresponding Text Tool and edit the text, otherwise you can select the Frame/Artistic Text Tool to edit your text.

- You can hold down Ctrl to crop both sides at once. This can also be used with other objects when you want to resize both sides.

In one of the tutorials the font Trattatello is used.  Is this one supplied with the program please.

So far extremly pleased with the program and its capabilities. John

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3447) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

If openning *.pdf file with all pages then application is crashed on converting file (if open one page all Ok).
And one moment too (i do not known, may be this is future) - on file open window not exist file type field (this command open all formats). It's not good for my look.

• Staff

In one of the tutorials the font Trattatello is used.  Is this one supplied with the program please.

So far extremly pleased with the program and its capabilities. John

Hi John.

Glad you're enjoying the application!  Unfortunately this is a font that is supplied with Mac OS X. Therefore we do not install it with Affinity

If openning *.pdf file with all pages then application is crashed on converting file (if open one page all Ok).

And one moment too (i do not known, may be this is future) - on file open window not exist file type field (this command open all formats). It's not good for my look.

Hi Grey_Master,

Would you be able to attach the PDF that is crashing when trying to open with all pages please. What file type doesn't appear in the Open dialog?

Hi, the beta works on my Win 7 notebook. There is a strange behaviour concerning the use of my 2nd screen though. If I drag Affinity Designer to the 2nd screen and go full screen, the affinity window is too big. Part of it is outside of the screen. The right side and bottom of the affinity window get cut because of this.

A couple of questions.

1 Am I able to drag the rulers onto the page?

2 Am I able to change the colour of the guide lines I drag onto the page from blue to red?

thanks John

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3447) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

There are some problems when aligning symbols. My artboard is 800x600 px. I created a circle which is 100x100 px. Now a second one which is 50x50 px and in the middle of the first one (used align tool with center/center here). I grouped the circles and created a symbol. When I drop a second instance of the symbol on the arboard and use the align panel I get strange behaviour. Just try to align both symbols horizontally or vertically and you should see what I mean. OS is Win 7.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.