You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Add a tick icon to the Rulers popup menu. Windows 11

Affinity is starting to take shape better and better.
I would also suggest introducing a bird icon in the place where the beams meet the guides.
By right-clicking a pop-up menu pops up and shows the units in which the project can be.
I know that in Mac the current unit is checked, while in Windows this check mark is not displayed.
These stamps appear, for example, in the top menu.
So add that and Affinity keeps getting better and better for the job.

image.png.40e47b9852cb53b14665cbce0179de42.png

image.png.36593ef00de2c95f8b4bb74d3d65bef1.png

10 hours ago, GRAFKOM said:

I would also suggest introducing a bird icon in the place where the beams meet the guides.
By right-clicking a pop-up menu pops up and shows the units in which the project can be.

Why a bird?

And why is this any better than the current method of just right-clicking on the units measurement that is already there to make the change?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

10 hours ago, GRAFKOM said:

I know that in Mac the current unit is checked, while in Windows this check mark is not displayed.

I'm not sure why you need a tick, it's easy enough to see what units are in use! You can see it on the rulers and, if the View Tool is selected, there's also a dropdown box where you can view and change the units.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

I have no real problem with having a tick, if someone wants it. I'm sorry, I didn't realise that expressing a different opinion to someone else was considered "spamming"!

Yes, every time anyone asks for any addition or change, let's just do it, with no discussion! 

I'd like to add a picture of a cat sitting at the corner of the rulers. I've asked for it, so it should be done. No one else is allowed an opinion!

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

1 hour ago, PaulEC said:

I'm not sure why you need a tick, it's easy enough to see what units are in use! You can see it on the rulers and, if the View Tool is selected, there's also a dropdown box where you can view and change the units.

Yes, I mean that in this drop-down box the unit in which the document is selected, then you can see exactly what is selected.
If anyone can take a screenshot of this menu on a Mac, it's done there, which is what I'm talking about.

At this point in all Affinity Windows programs there is no check mark in the pop-up menu if you right-click on the corner of the rulers.

image.png.0104abf30b98ea8998ec2a8d48ce3a62.png

I was just pointing out that you can already see what unit is selected, because, if you look at the rulers, it tells you in the corner! Also, (when you have the View Tool selected) it is shown clearly in a box above the ruler! However, if you want a tick as well, I really have no problem with that! As Anto said, it's really up to Serif to decide if they think they need to display the same information in three different places, apparently no one else is allowed to express an opinion!

Untitled.png.054624cb514256c35d64065c1249a093.png

11 minutes ago, anto said:

Don't exaggerate. If this thing works in Mac, it should work in Windows, too.

Honestly, I don't care! The information is already clearly visible, but if someone want's the same information in three different places, that's fine. As you said, it's up to Serif to decide if they want to add a tick in Windows, remove it in Mac, or just accept that some things are a bit different in different operating systems!

• Staff
On 4/7/2023 at 2:01 PM, anto said:

If this thing works in Mac, it should work in Windows, too.

This is a general rule that we work to. If one OS does it, the other should (if possible). There are exceptions but I think this is just an accidental omission.

5 minutes ago, Chris B said:

It is done :) 

I've noticed that whenever Chris B shows up, it's already cleaned up.
Thank you very much for the positive responses to forum users' requests.
During the implementation of this Beta version, there is finally contact with the creators of the program.
Thank you again. Mark.

• Staff

The issue "Rulers: Right-click menu is missing the tick for the document unit" (REF: AFP-6103) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1769".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.