You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Photo & Pub V2] Updates?

Anyone else getting the push update notification in AP & APub Version 2? AD claims to be up to date when I ask it to check and it's running the current 2.0.0 version. I discovered this when I launched AP this morning.

I've checked the forums, and no mention of any updates... 🤔

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

6 minutes ago, ADRs said:

Strange, after i updated Aph to 2.0.3, now i don't have any update pop-up for the Apub 2.0.0 anymore, and the other post i replied questioning about the update changelog is locked/dissapear, is the update a mistake?

I think so because on Serif's website account, it still links to 2.0. So probably a mistake.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

3 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Is it definitely the retail version, though, or just another update to the beta?

A good question since, unless I've missed it, as there's no word on the MSI installers being available yet and it was said they would be out when the first patch was released.

• Staff

Sorry everyone, this was a slight mistake. 2.0.3 will be released soon enough and the build you temporarily had access to is very likely to be the one we push out to everyone else, but for now it's been taken down.

Once we formally release 2.0.3 we will post in this thread

Till then if you are lucky enough to have installed it in the hour it was accidentally available then feel free to use it and we will continue to finalise the release testing (and write some formal release notes)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

MSI installers (delivered as EXE downloads) will follow on shortly. They won't be released simultaneously, but I plan for them to be tested and released before we break for Christmas (on the 23rd).

They will be based on the exact same 2.0.3 software builds as is inside the MSIX install 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

16 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

MSI installers (delivered as EXE downloads) will follow on shortly. They won't be released simultaneously, but I plan for them to be tested and released before we break for Christmas (on the 23rd).

They will be based on the exact same 2.0.3 software builds as is inside the MSIX install 

Thank you . Very much looking forward to using 2.0.3 . Haven't used yet, waiting on MSI installers.

Gary

Windows 11 Pro, Ryzen 9 7950x, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz, Nvidia 4080 OC 16gb, Dell 38inch curved monitor.

• Staff

Anyone who accidentally got the early release to Affinity Photo 2.0.3 and Affinity Publisher 2.0.3 mentioned in this thread last week should be aware that the installs you got are NOT the official release of 2.0.3 which has a few additional last minute fixes. Because they are both called 2.0.3 your version will offer an autoupdate from 2.0.3 to 2.0.3 (yours is 2.0.3.1682 and the destination is the real 2.0.3.1688)

Suggestion: To get the official release, please install these latest release builds (which should simply install over the top of the ones you have)

Affinity Photo for Windows Download

Affinity Publisher for Windows Download

Sorry this has happened.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff
On 12/14/2022 at 7:41 PM, Patrick Connor said:

I plan for them to be tested and released before we break for Christmas (on the 23rd).

I have just posted about these installs here.

Please follow that thread for news of the release

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd